Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT Steel Blue Factory Order
All Except: Security Group, Heated Seats, and Aluminum Wheels.:mad:

When is it too late to make changes on a Caliber that was ordered from the dealer? The car order Was placed on April 12th. The dealer had no ship date but they did give me a von number :confused: whatever that is? I called yesterday and tried to add a few options to the Caliber SXT I ordered. They took the call but I'm not sure if the changes went through. The dealer gave me an order status of "BA" I searched for this in the forums to no avail. Does anyone know what "BA" means? Is there anyway to confirm the options a dealer added to an order already placed? Like I said the only info they gave is the VON number. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
VON = Vehicle Order Number

Here are the DCX Order Codes:
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled

These are all that I got from DodgeInfoCenter. Ask him (Dan) though, he may be able to help. :D

Reactions: SRT4SMACK

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information!!
Now if I could only track the progress of the car being built online...:D

Any chance of getting a confirmation of what options the car will have?
Can I e-mail DCX Customer Service to get this info?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer I ordered from isn't forthcoming with information regarding the status of the vehicle. Is there anyway to tell this from a von number? The dealer said they don't know if a vin number has been assigned. Unfortunately, I attempted to make changes late but I figured they could be done...I really want to make sure the dealer actually attempted to make the changes. They are telling me all changes will have to be done with "aftermarket" parts installed at the dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
The dealer I ordered from isn't forthcoming with information regarding the status of the vehicle. Is there anyway to tell this from a von number? The dealer said they don't know if a vin number has been assigned. Unfortunately, I attempted to make changes late but I figured they could be done...I really want to make sure the dealer actually attempted to make the changes. They are telling me all changes will have to be done with "aftermarket" parts installed at the dealer. Thanks.
It sounds like they are lying to you. The post from Steve states that changes can be made by a rep before D1 status. The dealer stands to make more money if you let them install the options aftermarket and you'll have no guarantee that it will be done right. If you want to ask DCX, call 1-800-992-1997, give them your VON and ask if changes can still be made by a DCX rep.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Steve Desjardins said:
You can make changes to your order up to D1 Status. The dealer would have to call there rep to make those changes. If you don't have a VIN you can still make changes.
Typically, changes can only be made up to "D" status. Once it goes D1, the plant has to be contacted directly by the rep, and they rarely accept anything other than a color change at this point.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule<-----wtf does that exactly mean? i had a d1 status a few weeks ago so does that mean that its not scheduled anymore? someone enlighten me please...

·
Registered
245 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
OK, here is my VON someone please help...DCX told me there was no car on order with this number???

Von = 17617710

Thanks again in advance.
First confirm the VON with the dealership and ensure they have provided you the correct number.

Depending on the model you’ve selected, there are two problems that I could affect your order.

1) The model/package has not been scheduled to be built.
2) Dealership allocation.

I don’t know the specific details about allocation but it was discussed here:

If you want a refresher here is the complete thread:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430&page=2

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
TommyLee said:
BG is a restricted order. Most likely due to material restrictions or that the car is scheduled out for the month.
thanks for the reply...so im a little confused still. if it was d status and that means it is scheduled to be built or was to be built within the week so does that mean that it could either be built and ready to ship or what? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
173 Posts
blackSXTsport said:
thanks for the reply...so im a little confused still. if it was d status and that means it is scheduled to be built or was to be built within the week so does that mean that it could either be built and ready to ship or what? thanks for the help.
It is VERY, VERY odd for an order to go from D to BG. I have seen it happen, but not very often.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts