Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend just picked up her new Caliber this weekend. It has the power windows/locks with the keyfob. I noticed there is a place on the instrument panel for the security light which will flash when the security/alarm system is enabled. Anyone know if the the same or similar thing will work that was done for the SRT-4's when they came out?

My SRT-4 didn't come with the alarm system, but someone on the forums posted a procedue on how to enable it using the diag computer the dodge tech guys use. With a few button presses, the alarm was enabled. The only, minor, problem is that with the standard alarm package, when you unlock the doors with the key (not the fob/remote) the alarm system will deactivate. If you turn on the system without these sensors (like in the srt-4), the alarm will trigger, but simply starting the car with your key will kill the alarm. The only time this would be an issue is if your fob dies after you lock/arm your car.

So, anyone know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the instructions that were posted over at srtforums back in 2003:

Originally posted by 1987CSX
here what you guys need to do to have you're alarm set up
use DRb 3 go into stand alone 98-04 then when you get there
go to theft security and then VTSS once you are in there go to misc. and go to module configure. follw the steps and change it to VTA instead of RKE and after that you guys will have the alarm
activated it works the same way with the PT Cruiser

So all the components seem to be there: fob, power locks, door open sensors, panic alarm. So it might work... anyone know?

·
Registered
683 Posts
My Caliber has the security system and the light on the dash flashes when I lock the doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts