Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm looking to complete my "Factory" UConnect install. I have the RAQ stereo to start with...

I purchased off of eBay a complete UConnect pull from a 06 Dakota (Mirror, Telematics module, and ALL the wiring.

I believe that my car has the wiring for the addition of the mirror already after looking over my wiring harness in the A-Pillar

And from the bottom...

Where I am running into a problem is that the wires that came with are not going to be as easy as plug in and viola. Fingernipp's install walkthrough (*greatly detailed*) was in his vehicle which did not have the sunroof option.

What are my best options for this install? I have looked into the Jet harness mentioned here multiple times and leaves me wondering if that would be all I need to finish this off. Or perhaps use what I have to get it running. I will not cut into any preexisting wiring or pull it all and install the spagetti mess that came with my eBay purchase. I will post my install if anyone is interested, however I believe it would just shadow Fingernipp's.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions / answers and this Caliber specific forum has become a quick favorite of mine!!!

Jesse

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
http://home.comcast.net/~fingernipple/uconnectinstall.pdf
Thats how i did mine but you will have to use that pinout to figure if you have the wires for the mirror. If you dont its not that big of an issue. It can work without 12v source just fine. You will just have to run the few wires to the mirror from the telematics module and such. Looking at your connector it looks like you just have sunroof wires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been having the worst time in trying to make a wiring harness for my install. Finding fully populated radio connectors, matching wiring, ect. I am actually thinking of giving up and selling off the mirror / telematics module on ebay. This has become an adventure in frustration! Unless I can find out more info on getting the wiring correct, I think I'm going to fail myself for this upgrade. I thought I may just be able to make / buy the wiring harness and be set. Not as easy to get ahold of as I thought :mecry:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ill give you a hand after work if i can remember. Send me a PM and ill try and dig up all my old notes and such from when i made my harness. It wasnt very hard but was pretty tedious checking and rechecking every connection.

Reactions: jessejames632

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Here are the materials i used.
Just use the aftermarket radio harness adapters but get extra ones so you can use some for spare pins. You can get the male and female ones pretty much anywhere BHO1818/71-6502 and BHA1818/70-6502

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You can pretty much just follow my diagram. The 3 loose wires i have on there can actually be spliced into the existing a-pillar harness. I left mine disconnected.. they just power the auto dim mirror.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'll have to tap those off of something. While you chose not to, (or at least not to when you did your walk through), It would drive me nuts to know that functionality is there and I'm just not using it. Right now I have the mirror mounted with those uconnect buttons staring me in the face.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
well the back up lamp switch can be run to pin 9 on the pillar harness, ingintion run can be run to pin 19 and ground can use 7 or 8.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts