Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the length of the factory warranty? I thought it was 3 year 36,000 miles but I just received a letter from Dodge trying to sell me an extended warranty that had this paragraph in it as follows:

In addition to its bold styling and can-do attitude, your Dodge Caliber also comes with two DaimlerChrysler warranties: a 3-year/36,000 mile "basic" warranty and our Powertrain warranty that protects your engine, transmission and driveline for 7-years/70,000 miles.

If the above paragraph is true, this is great news! Can anyone shed any light on this?

·
Registered
689 Posts
1) Are you sure it is from Chrysler (Dodge) and not an extended warranty company or yours/other dealer?

2) Chrysler used to have 7/70 Powertrain as standard for all their cars, but they gave it up a year or two ago, in favor of just the 3/36 for everything, so it also might be an old form letter.

Still interesting, on the Dodge site, it makes no mention of the 7/70

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
calibered said:
What is the length of the factory warranty? I thought it was 3 year 36,000 miles but I just received a letter from Dodge trying to sell me an extended warranty that had this paragraph in it as follows:

In addition to its bold styling and can-do attitude, your Dodge Caliber also comes with two DaimlerChrysler warranties: a 3-year/36,000 mile "basic" warranty and our Powertrain warranty that protects your engine, transmission and driveline for 7-years/70,000 miles.

If the above paragraph is true, this is great news! Can anyone shed any light on this?
Hey, I just got that official Dodge letter too! It also states that there is already a limited warranty on the drivetrain/engine to 70k.

The prices look more expensive than the extended warranty that I purchased at the time of sale.

·
Registered
61 Posts
36 months 36k miles
get the extended. concidering it has that cvt. isnt the extended only an extra 600.
its worth it.

unless your going to mod it any way..
heh

·
Registered
689 Posts
Automaker will only offer 3 year/36,000 mile warranty for all 2006 Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler models.
May 16, 2005: 3:08 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) -
If you are shopping for a 2006 Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep model, you should be aware of a change -- the car will no longer come with a standard 7-year/70,000 mile powertrain warranty.

Vehicles from the Chrysler Group of DaimlerChrysler will get the company's 3 year/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, which includes all components, including the engine and transmission, covered by the powertrain warranty, according to a Chrysler Group spokesman.

The seven-year powertrain warranty currently comes standard on 2005 models and covers the major working parts of a car including the engine and transmission.

Funding earmarked for powertrain warranty will be allocated to "other dealer and consumer marketing efforts," John Schenden, chairman of the Chrysler-Jeep national dealer council, told Automotive News, an industry publication.

Chrysler's soon-to-be discontinued powertrain warranty is one of the longest in the industry.

Chrysler vehicles from model years prior to 2006 with a powertrain warranty that has not expired, are still entitled to the original warranty, a company spokesperson said.

Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubishi offer the longest powertrain warranties currently available in the U.S. All three offer 10-year/100,000-mile warranties, according to CNN.com automotive partner Edmunds.com.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ejfb said:
1) Are you sure it is from Chrysler (Dodge) and not an extended warranty company or yours/other dealer?

2) Chrysler used to have 7/70 Powertrain as standard for all their cars, but they gave it up a year or two ago, in favor of just the 3/36 for everything, so it also might be an old form letter.

Still interesting, on the Dodge site, it makes no mention of the 7/70
It uses dodge stationary. It may be an old form letter but that is not my problem. I am going to hang onto it so I have it in writing just in case something happens after the 3/36,000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts