Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of let me start by saying that this has been one of the most informative forums that I've been on. There are a lot of users here who were very helpful with my questions when I was researching the Caliber a few months back.

I cancelled the order I had placed on my Marine Blue SXT (actually cancelled it a few weeks back), but I never got a chance to say goodbye. I got tired of waiting for it to be built and really wanted a new car.

On one of my trips with my inlaws to check out the new Toyota Camry I stumbled upon a 2006 Honda Civic Si being unloaded off the truck. When I asked my buddy that works there he told me someone had put a deposit on it and backed out of the deal last minute. They were on a 1-2 month backorder. I checked it out, test drove it, and bought it on the spot. Following day I went to the Chrysler, cancelled my order, and got my refund. Funny thing is that my other friend that works there at Chrysler called me the following day and told me someone else put a deposit (or called dibs) on the one I had ordered.

Also, one of my coworkers had looked over all the Caliber brochures that I had taken to work when I was reading up about it and she ended up buying almost the exact same thing - Marine Blue SXT, but no sports package, no Musicgate, and no Sunroof. She has been extremely happy with here purchase, but has had to take it in for service a couple of times due to some glitches. One being a "Check Engine Light" that appears and disappears randomly, and dealer can't figure out what it is or what causes it.

Hope everyone is enjoying their new purchase. I still think the Caliber has a lot of potential as I had so many things planned out for mine. Don't get me wrong as I don't have any regrets with my purchase. The Civic is extremely fun to drive and I already have a few mods in the works to try to keep up with those who get the SRT Caliber (Turbonetics anyone?). My next purchase will have to be a family car. Probably something roomy or with 7 seats so the Caliber is already out of the equation.

Once again thanks for everything. :D

Reactions: SRT4SMACK

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Sorry to hear, but maybe a Caliber will be in the future!
U never know. I still have a Matrix that I would trade in a heartbeat if I wasn't upside down on it. Well, actually I'm not upside down, but it's in such a beat up shape since it's used for our family business that the trade in value sucks.

The only thing my wife didn't like on the Caliber were the cup holders that were right in the middle of where the rear middle passenger would sit. She wished they were out of the way and only there when you needed them. Other than that she really liked it, but would prefer something bigger for use as a family car and for long trips.

I just needed a commuter car/daily driver to get to work and have fun. Was looking at the Yaris, but for a little more the Caliber had all the same features if not more, and with a stronger engine. Then I saw the Si and was like "what the hell!" Wasn't planning on spending so much, but it was just really fun to drive.

Now if they made the Caliber with an optional 3rd row seat like the new Rav 4s for the little ones...

·
Registered
70 Posts
BLAZETIGER said:
I cancelled the order I had placed on my Marine Blue SXT (actually cancelled it a few weeks back), but I never got a chance to say goodbye. I got tired of waiting for it to be built and really wanted a new car.

:D
Congrats on the Civic SI, great looking car. Its unfortunate everyone has to wait so long for their cars. I was one of the lucky ones. Visited my local dealers and all they could do was order so I passed. Checked inventory on Dodge's website and found my exact car I would have ordered, basically a loaded Black R/T, about an hour away. By the end of the day it was in my garage. No wait, no fuss. You didnt make a bad choice and if I was in the market for a two door car I would have probably purchased the SI myself.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Lol that is quite the change in direction for types of cars lol, but the SI is nice for sure... dodge had better get their act together with this waiting game bit, or we'll see more and more people having no choice but to do the same thing. Congrats on the SI

·
Registered
911 Posts
Good! Gives my Caliber higher priority! :D

Enjoy your riceburner! :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Funny thing, I was shopping for the Civic si at the local Dodge Toyota Honda dealership. When I called about insurance on the si, I decided that a Scion c was a better idea. Went back to see the Scion and stumbled on the Caliber they had in stock. After driving it, I decided that I had to have one and ordered the now infamously long awaited and still to be built Sunburst Orange R/T with moonroof. I'm gonna wait it out. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
irloyal said:
Funny thing, I was shopping for the Civic si at the local Dodge Toyota Honda dealership. When I called about insurance on the si, I decided that a Scion c was a better idea. Went back to see the Scion and stumbled on the Caliber they had in stock. After driving it, I decided that I had to have one and ordered the now infamously long awaited and still to be built Sunburst Orange R/T with moonroof. I'm gonna wait it out. :)
Good Choice! Nice color too!
Cheers!

·
Registered
47 Posts
irloyal said:
Well, I lied. Getting my Mazda5 tommorrow! McNatt Dodge in Denton has this on order so if anybody can wait for some undetermined amount of time........

FWIW I'm not real impressed with McNatt. When I buy a Challenger in 2008 :D I'll go elswhere.

Good Luck to everybody with the Calibers!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Haha the SI was the only other car that I was considering when I decided to get my R/T... The deciding factor for me was the bold design and the the features like musicgate. The SI is a great car though, enjoy it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
BLAZETIGER said:
First of let me start by saying that this has been one of the most informative forums that I've been on. There are a lot of users here who were very helpful with my questions when I was researching the Caliber a few months back.

On one of my trips with my inlaws to check out the new Toyota Camry I stumbled upon a 2006 Honda Civic Si being unloaded off the truck. When I asked my buddy that works there he told me someone had put a deposit on it and backed out of the deal last minute. They were on a 1-2 month backorder. I checked it out, test drove it, and bought it on the spot. Following day I went to the Chrysler, cancelled my order, and got my refund. Funny thing is that my other friend that works there at Chrysler called me the following day and told me someone else put a deposit (or called dibs) on the one I had ordered.

Also, one of my coworkers had looked over all the Caliber brochures that I had taken to work when I was reading up about it and she ended up buying almost the exact same thing - Marine Blue SXT, but no sports package, no Musicgate, and no Sunroof. She has been extremely happy with here purchase, but has had to take it in for service a couple of times due to some glitches. One being a "Check Engine Light" that appears and disappears randomly, and dealer can't figure out what it is or what causes it.

Hope everyone is enjoying their new purchase. I still think the Caliber has a lot of potential as I had so many things planned out for mine. Don't get me wrong as I don't have any regrets with my purchase. The Civic is extremely fun to drive and I already have a few mods in the works to try to keep up with those who get the SRT Caliber (Turbonetics anyone?). My next purchase will have to be a family car. Probably something roomy or with 7 seats so the Caliber is already out of the equation.

Once again thanks for everything. :D
Can you get a full refund on the money you put down? I tell you, I would love to cancel my order and get a full refund right now! DC has jerked me around for the last time, and right now I don't know what to do. To make a long story short, a few weeks back I called up DC to get a status update on my Caliber. They tell me on the phone that my car was built and showed it being in transit to my dealership, and it should be here within this week. Today I call my dealer to get an update and they say they don't know anything about my car being in transit, and at this point I'm just furious. So while on the phone with the dealer, he looks up my order which he states still shows it being in a BG status, and knows nothing about it being built and in transit. After I hung up on my dealer, I called DC to get a status check and they now tell me its still in BG status as of 6/5. Talk about jerking me around! I want to back out now but afraid if I do, I'll lose the two grand I put down. Also, I should of listened to my girlfriend right form the start. She told me I should hold off on buying stuff for the car until I actually have it. I've already spent about two grand on rims and tires, that are just sitting in my garage. I also wen't and bought an $800 stereo the other day for it too, thinking I'd ba able install this weekend. I tell you, I have never orderd a car in my life, and this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Man, I'm so stressed out right now...:(

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ok, lets all breathe in nice and slow. If you order a car and it just happens to take off as the hottest car out there, then expect delays. Now having said that, NEVER regret ordering a car, there is no other feeling like it, to get a car that you had made exactly how you wanted it, to know that that car had no one test drive it, take it over night, or treat it bad.

Just remember, anything good is always worth the wait, even if it takes just a little while longer. Be patient, and I do know that is hard, but still, it will come.

·
Registered
911 Posts
mahal3680 said:
Can you get a full refund on the money you put down? I tell you, I would love to cancel my order and get a full refund right now! DC has jerked me around for the last time, and right now I don't know what to do. To make a long story short, a few weeks back I called up DC to get a status update on my Caliber. They tell me on the phone that my car was built and showed it being in transit to my dealership, and it should be here within this week. Today I call my dealer to get an update and they say they don't know anything about my car being in transit, and at this point I'm just furious. So while on the phone with the dealer, he looks up my order which he states still shows it being in a BG status, and knows nothing about it being built and in transit. After I hung up on my dealer, I called DC to get a status check and they now tell me its still in BG status as of 6/5. Talk about jerking me around! I want to back out now but afraid if I do, I'll lose the two grand I put down. Also, I should of listened to my girlfriend right form the start. She told me I should hold off on buying stuff for the car until I actually have it. I've already spent about two grand on rims and tires, that are just sitting in my garage. I also wen't and bought an $800 stereo the other day for it too, thinking I'd ba able install this weekend. I tell you, I have never orderd a car in my life, and this experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. Man, I'm so stressed out right now...:(
This is the second car I've ever ordered. I ordered a 2002 Dodge Neon ES exactly like I wanted it and it was great. Like ejfb said, you just happened to order a car that is a hot seller right now. If you waited until this time next year, you would have had it by now I guarantee it. I remember it only took like 7 weeks for my Neon to arrive at the dealer. I ordered at the end of October and got it 2 weeks into December and thats with a holiday in between. (Don't know if they get holidays off or not at the assembly plant)

Since you ordered a lot of extra stuff for your car, I'd stick with it. You'll be glad you did when it does arrive. You just have to be patient like everyone else. I know it sucks, I'm waiting too and it does get frustrating. I know that when your car does arrive you'll really enjoy it. You've also learned the lesson of don't call the Dodge Info Center to get your status. They don't know their head from their ass. Some don't even know what a letter status is (ex. D status). Thats pretty sad that the customer knows more about that stuff than the people who are supposed to know it. If you do call them, do what I did and call them like 3 times in a day just to see if you get the same status. I did that and eventually got 3 people who knew what they were doing and told me that it was currently in D status with an estimated scheduled build date of the week of July 1st (which technically is next week as July 1st falls on a Sat). At this point you'd be dumb to cancel your order. Did you check with your dealer to see if they have an allocation for June? My guess is no since its still in BG status. When I got my allocation, my order immediately went to D status.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BlackLeatherR/T said:
:) :) :) :)

Buy American! woooooooooohooooooo!
Nowadays it seems most import companies (i.e. - Toyota, Nissan) are more "Made in America" than what the domestic companies claim to be. With all their sales they are at least opening a lot of plants stateside.

BTW - My Civic was built in Canada (if I'm not mistaken). :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mahal3680 said:
You shouldn't have a problem getting your money back unless your dealership is really bad to work with and gives you a hassle. I called the salesperson who I placed the order with and she told me to stop by the following day. I did and they tried to "save the sale", but I had already purchased the Si and was having too much fun with it to even consider changing my mind. They told me that the transaction would be handled through the business office and that they would mail me a check. I received the check 2 days later.

I placed my deposit with my Visa card since I've read that it's usually easier to get your money back when you use a credit card vs. cash/check in case the deal goes sour. What did you use for your deposit?

Don't worry about the parts that you've ordered as I'm sure you will be able to use the stereo you purchased with almost 95% of the other cars out there. You just might need a different kit/harness.

As for the wheels/rims all you have to do if you decide to shop for a new car is check the bolt pattern and wheel fitment. The Caliber's bolt pattern is a pretty common one used by many cars (it's the same bolt pattern on my Civic and also my Camry). If the wheels are too big, but still brand new then you should be able to exchange them from who you bought them since they technically haven't been mounted on a vehicle and driven on yet. Most wheel/tire companies have the same policy on returns and exchanges mentioned above. They just won't take them back once they are on your car.

I'm not telling you what to do or to cancel your order. It's pretty much up to you. Either wait it out or call it quits. Just giving you some options.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts