Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone needs to just post their favorite/ coolest thing on the caliber. Anything at all... from how the door latch feels to acceleration... anything at all... mine... even though i don't have the car yet... the fact that noone on my post has one but me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ultra happy level 10 about that

·
Registered
384 Posts
My fave will prolly also be the musicgate! I plan on using it a lot for drive-in movies, listening to tunes while gardening and playing frisbee in this empty parking lot that a bunch of friends and I go to in the summers at night.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The smoothness of the ride, the height, how the luminscent blue dials and cup holders look at night - the way the car looks like it cost way more than it did with the big headlights and the beautiful grille and the wheels...oops, that's more than one favorite thing. Well, then the one favorite thing would have to be how I feel when I drive it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
The AUTOSTICK! That was my first and continuing positive rave.;)

Tyke

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The feel of the drive... the CVT2, the 2.0L (of course I'd like a Hemi 6.1 in it but not at the price I paid), the ride height and especially the looks/style/design.

·
Registered
746 Posts
this is going to be cheesy. bear/bare with me on this one.

so my dad and i never got along. we never see eye to eye on anything. i could say the sky was blue and he'd disagree with me. he hates that i went to school for social work and that i burned out of socialwork and he hates that i now work at a factory. he hated that i bought a bug, though i really can't blame him for that one. we have never agreed on anything. politics, culture, music, art, history you name it.

but today. of all days. i'm over at my parent's place for mother's day and i swear, we both ogled my car for three hours. we went over everything from design to profile to utility. it was so breathtaking that my dad and i could actually speak to each other in such a positive way. in 25 years, i have not had such a conversation about a decision in my life with my father that hadn't ended up with the both of us shouting at eachother and cursing the other for how wrong they were.

today just for that window of time we agreed on how good of a car this is and how well this thing is built and how well this will sell.

that is my favorite thing about this car.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
superbang said:

so my dad and i never got along. we never see eye to eye on anything. i could say the sky was blue and he'd disagree with me. he hates that i went to school for social work and that i burned out of socialwork and he hates that i now work at a factory. he hated that i bought a bug, though i really can't blame him for that one. we have never agreed on anything. politics, culture, music, art, history you name it.

but today. of all days. i'm over at my parent's place for mother's day and i swear, we both ogled my car for three hours. we went over everything from design to profile to utility. it was so breathtaking that my dad and i could actually speak to each other in such a positive way. in 25 years, i have not had such a conversation about a decision in my life with my father that hadn't ended up with the both of us shouting at eachother and cursing the other for how wrong they were.

today just for that window of time we agreed on how good of a car this is and how well this thing is built and how well this will sell.

You know what, Bang?

THAT would be a great premise for a commercial; marketing appeal to all age groups...

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's awesome. Thanks for sharing that, Superbang. My parents will see my car for the first time next week. Also very critical and contradictory, I'm betting I'll be getting some points from them for my choice. Pleasing our parents and ourselves at the same time, what could be better?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
superbang said:

Curious. I haven't seen or talked to my dad for over ten years. Maybe I should show him my Dodge Caliber... "The Dodge Caliber. Bringing families back together!":p :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol. i like the looks on pass-er-bys? faces' as i pimp through. especially that one couple that rolled by me on their test drive. They were in a blue SE version. That was great...:cool:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Aww, Superbang, that was sweet. :)

P.S. I went to school for social work and am also burning out. :(

·
Registered
746 Posts
katiescaliber said:
Aww, Superbang, that was sweet. :)

P.S. I went to school for social work and am also burning out. :(
oh yeah? what demographic of the population are you working with? i worked with young offenders and then moved to welfare and then to early literacy. guess which one finally kicked my ass... it was the early literacy. not the kids, the management. in fact, it was never the kids i worked with or the adults in welfare, it was always the management.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
superbang said:

Hey Bang...that was pretty cool! Glad to see you father and your father agreeing on something!

Harley said:
You know what, Bang?

THAT would be a great premise for a commercial; marketing appeal to all age groups...
Thats a good idea...I like that!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would have to say some of my favorite things are definatly the CVT2. I love that transmission. And also just the fact that not too many people have a Caliber, so it's getting a TON of looks. People are practically breaking their necks looking at the car. I love that. I'm also a fan of the stero system, even though I only have the base 4-speaker system, it still sounds DAMN good.

Not too fond of having a black car in the desert though. I have to wash it every 2 or 3 days...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts