Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Help Tanner choose some rims!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Shopping for snows already and darnit, my friendly neighbourhood OK Tire guy has set the hook again (last time he set me up in my neon Sport with simply sweet chrome Eagle Alloys that still look sharp 10 years later).

Sticking with 18s to preserve ride quality (already stiff so I sadly am passing on lo-pro 19s or 20s) - it is a family car after all.

http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=5&id=82

or

http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=5&id=124

I am smitten with the organic curve and covered lugset of the 5 spoke star; yet the clean outer edge of the 6 spoke looks a bit more simple and savage. Inferno red RT (like the combo of chrome accents and flat black trim on car which is why I am leaning towards a combo on the wheels). with stock tires mounted on new rims, 4 Blizzaks mounted on stock rims, $2200 CDN taxes in.

Which do you folks prefer?

THX and cheers!

Steve

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you have the tire pressure monitor feature, and get new tires, don't forget to save the valve stems from the stock tires. That's where the sensors are...!!

Read pgs 227-230 of your Owners Manual for more information.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Out of those two (not too keen with either) the 5-spoke looks better.

Are they available in a 5-bolt pattern?

·
Registered
267 Posts
The black ones would look good on a black or white (possibly silver) car, otherwise I would have to agree that the 5-spokes would look better.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It really doesn't matter what we think looks good. You need to decide what you think looks the best. Everyone is going to have a different opinion. The only way you will be happy with your purchase is to choose the option you like best. Personally, for snow tires, I'd stick to 15" rims simply because the rims and tires are cheaper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MikeyJCaliber said:
HEy,,

What you think about these???
Nice but a bit 'flashy' for my bride's taste and tough to clean inside between finer spokes. Good suggestion Mikey...thx.

Cheers!

Steve

·
Registered
142 Posts
I picked the first one, as much as I love black rims I don't like rims with thin spokes where you can basically see the entire brake drum. These look cool and come in black as well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts