Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final pictures of the Mopar Fog Light Kit installed.

This is done by the dealership (supposedly I'm the first in San Antonio to do it)

Before

After

Now I can get better pictures but its cold as hell outside and I didnt have enough room to take a good front view. Plus the lighting around me sucks... So I'll take better pictures later on Saturday.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks great! Not quite as clean as I thought it was going to be (the cowling is huge) but they look sharp. The only thing i don't like is the lights are a different hue than the headlights.

Now what did they have to do for the wiring?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Looks good. Just can't figure out how it can be "cold as hell" in San Antonio???:confused:

·
Registered
644 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trythisonforsize said:
Looks great! Not quite as clean as I thought it was going to be (the cowling is huge) but they look sharp. The only thing i don't like is the lights are a different hue than the headlights.

Now what did they have to do for the wiring?

That wiring thing is just there, I havent looked and see what they did but they told me it did nothing. I think they pulled it out and just replaced it with the harness the kit came with.

And its cool to me because I'm still a little sick :(

Again it rain here this morning and last night, so I'll take better pictures after I clean the car and have a better angle... I'll repost it later Saturday...

·
Registered
343 Posts
cool. i can't wait to get mine :) thanks a lot!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It looks real good, and what I expected of the inserts. I notice in the pictures you can have the fog lights on with just the parking lights and not the headlights. How much did the dealer charge to do the install?

EDIT: Just had a thought (only a week later) although it may not apply. I remember some people saying that their Cali's had the fog lights as the daytime running lights, could that be the extra wire? instead of cav 5 going to the fogs it went to the headlights for this purpose. The only reason I question myself is because I have a feeling it was the European models that had the fogs as DRL's which would make this thought null and void. :confused:

·
Registered
181 Posts
congrats! Hope you feel better soon. Weird spare wire huh? hmmm

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
spare wire for the loss! could you have done the install yourself now that you know that the wire does nothing?

·
Registered
268 Posts
are these any different than the fog lights on the SXT version? ours just had them already and i thought they all did, guess i was wrong

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The install cost me 50 bucks, I pull some strings around. Plus I was a test Caliber for the fogs. For the first one, it sure does look very good. I just got back from Houston, I'll take more pictures tomorrow after I get off work (I hope).

Anyways I still havent check on what they did with that wire so do it at your own risk :)

Some SXT dont have fogs, like mine :( but now it does :)

For the DRL I have no idea.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some more pictures, sorry for the crap pictures my camera is out of date...

100_1051 (Medium).JPG

100_1052 (Medium).JPG

100_1054 (Medium).JPG

100_1058 (Medium).JPG

100_1059 (Medium).JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
The fog lights look awesome, could just be a quirk of mine, but dont forget to block out your tags before you post your pics up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I really like that alot! now i know how to get that black housing thing around the fog lights.

My sxt didnt have fogs either, although I wish it did and now i see a solution :) I was just wondering why the caliber on the front of the accessories brochure had the black rings around the fogs...which is what reallly mad me like them.

how much does this kit run...before installation?

·
Registered
108 Posts
kdogg said:
Looks good. Just can't figure out how it can be "cold as hell" in San Antonio???:confused:
Hey,

It gets pretty cold here in San Antonio. The other night it got down into the 50's. This winter it may even get into the 40's. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
InfernoRedSXT said:
I really like that alot! now i know how to get that black housing thing around the fog lights.

My sxt didnt have fogs either, although I wish it did and now i see a solution :) I was just wondering why the caliber on the front of the accessories brochure had the black rings around the fogs...which is what reallly mad me like them.

how much does this kit run...before installation?

the kit cost $126, installation could be free if you know what you are doing...

·
Registered
197 Posts
thats not as bad as I thought it would be...Ill have to remember that..thanks :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts