Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi you all!! I just got my car today after 4 month´s wait.
Happy as a pig in mud!! Ok i pick up my inferno red 2 litre stx , drove
about 3 km´s radio start´s to brake. It goes on and off by it´s self for a
while.. then after few minutes "PLING" airback error light turns on, and after that plink ,plink ,plink load´s of different error light´s turned on.. turning lights won´t work eighter .. took car back to dealer´s.. I loved it for the 5 km i drove it.. hopefully a get i back soon.. must be a new record for taking ur car back to dealer´s for a fix :) anyone else had similar issues???

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
That sucks! but congrats on the caliber - now if only you can drive it home! Post pics when you get it! And tell us what the dealer says is the problem that it had.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update! there´s nothing new ..:confused: My brand new Cali is still sitting in at the dealer´s . They found something wrong whit computer( or part of it)controlling all little thing´s. But the best thing is they don´t know how to fix it..
I´m usually very calm guy.. but this thing is starting to make me MAD..:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy again :D got my car back. Computer glitsh was caused by faulty battery / battery connection. They "booted" my car and it´s workin great..

"omg Microsoft is really taking over world :) "

Send u some pictures in near future..

·
Registered
33 Posts
about 10 years ago I bought a brandnew Pontiac Transport; 5 minutes later I was back because the airconditioning did not wordk and other electrical problems; it took the dealer some month (and about 10 visits with my car) to find the problem: a little connector that worked and did not work depending on the temperature inside the car and the pressure from the isolationstuff around the cables; after these problems I had the car every month at the dealer; they had to change the complete engine two days before the guarantee ended!
Well you are lucky with your car most of the time and sometimes you have a little lack of luck......'my Caliber 2.0 CRD has done very well the first 4000 kms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:mad:
..and 1700 km later .. Same problem´s again.. Enginelight + other light´s started to bling again.windshied wipers did´nt work , door´s would´nt close , says key is still in lock .
This time there was NO BUSS error on panel.
Both times this happened it was raining a lot.. humity issues??
This time dealer´s better fix it ..not just reboot:mad:
Anyone else had similar trouble?

·
Registered
371 Posts
No problems here. I wouldn't think it's a humidity issue as we have tons of humidity here and it's flooded several times since I've had my Caliber. I really hope they get this problem figured out- I haven't heard of anyone else with these problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the exact same issues. My brake lights stop working when that happens too. My dealer here can't find the problem, and refuse to investigate further. It's really annoying, I'm trying to get rid of the car. I too had the exact same problems. On the way home my engine light came on, as well as my charging light. They checked my charging system and told me everything was fine. They never did tell me what the engine light was for, just said they cleared the code...typical dealership - fix a broken leg with a band-aid. I honestly think there is something seriously wrong with these cars, and I'm obviously not the only one having big problems.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
monday cars maybe? You guys are definetly a minority amung the rest of us with few to no issues. If possible head to a different dealership for sure.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Your issues sound significant and persistent. IF your dealer is not acting in good faith, find another. You are among an unfortunate few having issues and you have my sympathy. Everyone does and should expect a new car to be near perfect.

Try to get the attention of an area DC rep if you are not seeing the car issues resolved in a timely and knowledgable way. Most people will be very patient if kept in the loop during troubleshooting. Sounds like your dealer is confused and handling it badly.

I rec'd my R/T in July. I took delivery of it with non functioning but factory installed bluetooth, speed control failed, hood deflector hummed. It took a month to sort everything out. What kept me patient was the openness of the learning curve by their tech and Daimler. This is where the good dealers shine. I knew the effort was being made and it would sort out eventually.

The one thing I have noticed in the warning light / electrics problems posted is the lack of strandings. Most don't mention a drivability issue, only strange fault lights.

Having just experienced my first severe winter driving in my R/T, its great to say its lived up to my expectations and then some. No problems at all with mine since the adjustments.

I hope your car issues get sorted out quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts