Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I finally picked up our Caliber Monday night. Ordered on June 7th. Sunburst orange R/T with DCG, Musicgate and daytime running lights. What an AWESOME car!!! This morning I noticed rust spots on the tailpipe. Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congratulations!!

I actually did notice rust spots on the exhaust from the cat back to the huge muffler on mine. The rest of the underbody was quite pristine though.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Any unprotected steel will rust pretty much day1 after it loses the oil film from pre assembly. You will notice rust slowly develop on the steering knuckle at the ball joints and such.. and the rotors. Weld points on the exhuast will rust fast as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife.:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Loose Goose said:
My wife and I finally picked up our Caliber Monday night. Ordered on June 7th. Sunburst orange R/T with DCG, Musicgate and daytime running lights. What an AWESOME car!!! This morning I noticed rust spots on the tailpipe. Anybody else notice this?
Awe man mine was June 5th and still no sign, but glad for you!

·
Registered
371 Posts
PhoenixDJT said:
Wow 4 months! I'm going tomorow to order one. I think I'll go crazy if I have to wait that long.
Contact j85. You can get one real quick! (Maybe) Got mine in April, Loose Goose, and no rust spots. But I have an SXT. Congrats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found out last night that the rust spots are actually undercoating. Whoever did the undercoating must not have taped off the tailpipe. I believe the tip is stainless so it should not rust. I feel much better now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts