Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, my Caliber went to D1 Status as of yesterday and is already in the gate. The owner of the dealership I go through knows the guy in Detroit thats in charge of the assembly plant and they couldn't figure out why my car hasn't been built yet. All of the other Caliber orders that were placed well after me were already built and are shipped out. So anyways, the guy called back and said he made sure it went into D1 status and that will be built ASAP! My salesman called me today and said my car went into D1 status yesterday and was already in the gate. He will call me tomorrow to give me the delivery date.

The thing that kinda irks me is that my dealer ordered some Jeep Compasses last month and he already has them on the lot! I order a Caliber in the first of May and its JUST getting built and yet you can order a Compass and get it right away? Way to go Chrysler! Glad to see you have your priorities straight!

I just found a Caliber thats exactly what I ordered at another dealer too. I had just called them up the other day just to confirm that they were there and weren't already taken, but now I won't need to fool with that anymore.

·
Registered
258 Posts
calibers are assembled in belvidere, illinois not detroit (i know i spelled something wrong), but i hope you get your caliber soon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats. Now if I can just figure out where they lost my order. :p

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't say they were built in Detroit. I said the guy who runs the assembly plant is in Detroit. I know Calibers are made in Belvidere Illinois.

Meek I was previously told by the Dodge Info Center a couple of days ago that it was scheduled to be built October 12th as well, but then my dealer pulled some strings and got my car built. Hopefully yours goes into D1 status soon. I know is sucks big time waiting, especially this long.

·
Registered
258 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
I didn't say they were built in Detroit. I said the guy who runs the assembly plant is in Detroit. I know Calibers are made in Belvidere Illinois.
my mistake. i guess i mis-read your original post

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope so...

Most orders I see don't stay in D1 status too long before its actually built and shipped.

At least I know its making progress now. It was stressful earlier because it wasn't progressing and nobody could tell me anything. I knew I had a wait ahead of me, but its very frustrating when you wait and wait and wait some more and then you call to check on the status and nobody gives you any information. Kinda makes you feel like nobody cares about your order.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok...My Caliber is already built and is currently in KZ status. I should it sometime within the next 2 weeks. Its about friggin time!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
No change to the info on my signature, except that I was told to expect delivery sometime between the 21st and 31st of this month.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes, finally got mine today!!! ordered april 5th, love it!!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My order was pushed in front of everyone's yesterday morning to get built because of the screw up and is already built, went through quality control, and has shipped out. I know that may piss some people off here, but it makes me happy. Its too bad they can't do that for everyone thats been waiting since April or early May.

And hey, if you bitch enough you'll get what you want. Its just sad it takes that much bitching to get what you want out of company!

But anyways....I can't wait for it to arrive. Been waiting since May 1st for this to happen. *Waits even more impatiently* :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The only good part is that most of the "bugs" have been removed, Bought mine off the dealers lot, built after April 4th, no problems exept for the "coolzone", velcro fixed that.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats very true and another good thing is that now instead of putting only $1000 down, I can put $2500 down (not including my $500 rebate). So now I'll only need to take out somewhere around a $7300 loan to pay for it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my Caliber FINALLY left the railyard in Illinois this afternoon (1:42PM). I guess the they had to wait for the train cars to fill. Currently my Caliber is in Ft. Wayne, IN (as of 7:38PM). Hopfully by this time tomorrow it will arrive in Buffalo, NY where it gets sorted at their railyard and then put on a truck and sent out to my dealer. I don't see why I shouldn't have it by the end of this week unless something gets screwed up along the way.

BTW...for those who don't know, once it leaves the assembly plant, its most likely shipped via rail from Union Pacific. Union Pacific has a section on their website where you can track their automotive railcars. All you need to know is the railcar number which the Chrysler Customer Center (18009921997) can provide for you.

Below is the link to where you can track your rail shipment:

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

Ahhh...I love technology!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts