Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not just yet. Local dealer said that those are for car magazines. It takes about couples of weeks to get first test drives.

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow!! i'm still waiting for mine, THREE weeks more!!! :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Are the general attitudes in Finland about the Caliber positive? I didn't think Dodge was a big name yet... what to you and your friends think about the car?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
holeydonut said:
Are the general attitudes in Finland about the Caliber positive? I didn't think Dodge was a big name yet... what to you and your friends think about the car?
General attitudes are wery positive in Finland. It so od that car mags. did not seems to find almost nothing bad things about Caliber. :D

Finaly we got something different in the Golf/Focus class. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
holeydonut said:
Heh, that's cool :) Let us know when you get a chance to take it for a test drive!
Yes I will tell when I got chance to test drive it.
I think that the suspension is stiffer than US. version becouse it´s European version?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
im not so sure about export mirrors now; but aside from that; it looks good; i dunno about the suspension...i would think it'd be the same.. as it was designed for both euro & us in mind.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice find Fin-Caliber!

suzq044 said:
im not so sure about export mirrors now...
I still like them. I think they look great, and of course they will fold. I'm going to at least paint mine (would like to chrome them) when I get them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fin, thanks for posting the pics. Please give us a road report after your test drive.
Bang, I'm with you, the side turn signals would be great.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Germaneon said:
The Euro-Models will get a stiffer suspension than domestic models.
No fair! :(

·
Registered
901 Posts
With all the styled-for-Europe parts that we in North America would like on the Caliber, you'd think that DCX could save even more $$ by making more components the same. Design to the least-tolerant specs and make just 1 version.

So far, from what's been mentioned in this forum, the Euro spec parts we want over here are:
folding side mirrors
side turn signal indicators
stiffer suspension
roof mount antenna
rear seat head bolsters (look like the front seat ones, and 3 of them)

Why not, DCX??!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah, i see that euro center mount antenna on other vehicles here, why did they move it for the North American cars?

Folding side mirrors are also almost a necessity. I have them on my Rodeo and I can't tell you how many times they absorbed a good whack, whether at the car wash or some moron in the parking lot walking by.

Oh yeah and those side markers are just cool looking! :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
RadioDude said:
Oh yeah and those side markers are just cool looking! :)
That ain´t no side markers. These are turn signals.
You cannot make one model for world wide purpose. Just an example: All of your cars (even Porsche) have side markers. In Germany they don´t. On the other hand all cars in Germany have rear fog lights. Your cars don´t. Many of your cars have red turn signals on the rear. In Germany red turn signals are not allowed. There are too many different speficications to make one model.
And regarding the roof antenna: In Europe we don´t have Sirius Satellite Radio. So they can use the roof for the normal antenna.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Germaneon said:
That ain´t no side markers. These are turn signals.
You cannot make one model for world wide purpose. Just an example: All of your cars (even Porsche) have side markers. In Germany they don´t. On the other hand all cars in Germany have rear fog lights. Your cars don´t. Many of your cars have red turn signals on the rear. In Germany red turn signals are not allowed. There are too many different speficications to make one model.
And regarding the roof antenna: In Europe we don´t have Sirius Satellite Radio. So they can use the roof for the normal antenna.
side markers, turn signals -- oops! (I knew what it was, just called it the wrong thing. Think I wrote that at like 4am.)

I do understand that an entire car can't be 100% the same the world over. I just meant that more of the parts COULD be. And the roof antenna, yeah... there was a thread awhile back that explained what it was; guess it's just wishful thinking that it could be wired for regular radio instead of Sirius. (sigh)

::curious:: What color are turn signals on German cars, if not red?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts