Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

According to the UK's Channel4.com, the first Dodge Calibers are rolling off the line in Belvedere, Illinois. But don't look for DCX's crossover wagon at your local showroom just yet-- these are pre-production examples for quality control shakedown, photo shoots, and certain other press opportunities. Look for coverage of the car's official 'coming out' party at the 2006 North American International Auto Show.

Source: Autoblog

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Awesome, I want to test drive one badly, or just see one up close, but I will still have to wait for that. I hope someone takes excellent videos or pictures.:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
We've built about 140 of them so far. All of them are going to Auto Shows, where they will be involved in a program called "Ride and Drive". Anyone who attends can test drive one at a test track, usually in the parking lot.

After Ride and Drive, they will be used for Dealer Training. We were supposed to have 12 Calibers ready to ship to dealers for sale by the 23rd, but due to mechanical difficulties at the plant, we didn't make them. We only got about 8 of them past Trim. Seems a drive motor that pushes the line kept blowing a circuit and it took them about 3 hours to fix it.

So, we are about 2 weeks behind in production. The line will fill starting tuesday the 3rd when we go back to work from Christmas shut down. They should be at dealers sometime in Febuary.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Calist... where you there for the launch of the Neon?? If so I mean can you compare the situations?? From what I was told the Caliber is going to go thru batch and hold, any up to 5000 maybe held initially ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
oohsoobad2 said:
Calist... where you there for the launch of the Neon?? If so I mean can you compare the situations?? From what I was told the Caliber is going to go thru batch and hold, any up to 5000 maybe held initially ?
Yeah, was there for the launch of the Neon, and we are in a batch and hold, we were told that after we get 3000 made the first group will ship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts