Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we couldn't find a decent cargo mat for under $80, I decided to make one, so $15 later this is what I have

I thought it came out pretty good

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i made it from masonite so it could bend to get into place, the carpet was in a roll at auto zone for $9.99

·
Registered
901 Posts
Very nice!
I thought of putting carpet back there too, which would put my own leftover interior carpet to good use that is currently taking up space in my basement! Although, it would probably end up looking like *#&@^* because I'm a complete hack when it comes to making things from scratch like that.

ib2loud, would you be willing to make a paper template of the masonite to share?? (expenses repaid to you, of course.)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Very nice!
I thought of putting carpet back there too, which would put my own leftover interior carpet to good use that is currently taking up space in my basement! Although, it would probably end up looking like *#&@^* because I'm a complete hack when it comes to making things from scratch like that.

ib2loud, would you be willing to make a paper template of the masonite to share?? (expenses repaid to you, of course.)
wouldn't bother me a bit, not sure where to get a big enough piece of paper though

i just used cardboard and cut and test fit, and cut some more until it fit decent, then traced it onto the masonite. You can get masonite in a 4x8' sheet for around $6 and it's very flexible wood, just really nasty to cut since it gets dark brown sawdust/powder everywhere

just let me know what material and i'll see what i can do

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Looks professional! A template would be cool. ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey cool stuff ib2loud! I need to do that too. I'll be hauling stuff in the back and was thinking about how that plastic cover is going to get all banged and scratched up. I should also get me a piece to go over the back seats when they're closed.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, looks a lot better than plastic..matches with the seatbacks too! :D

(almost)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha....I think that the BA woofer is plenty loud..:D:D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i think wut would look better than our factory sound.. is better 'grilles' for the speakers.. so it looks less cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
ib2loud:

Somehow I over looked this thread and just noticed it now!:) I love what you did with the cargo area. I was thinking that will be one of the mods I do to mine when i get one (my luck the next year:mad:). Did you carpet both sides so you don't scratch up the vinyl? Seems like you did to me and seems like you glued the carpet to the masonite?

Excellent Job!!!!:):):):D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Noooo Joe, he shat on the masonite and the carpet magically stuck...:eek:

:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I'm either guessing staples, glue, or magical feces...:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just used 3m spray adhesive and covered it like you would a speaker box. it doesn't budge once it's in place so i'm not worried about scratching underneath. the only hard part was bending it so that it would go into the cargo area without hitting the C-pillar, but the wood is very flexible so it wasn't a problem, just had to stick the long jut on the drivers side in first and lean the rear seats forward

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Oh, I see, so it was magical shit!!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
ib2loud said:
i just used 3m spray adhesive and covered it like you would a speaker box. it doesn't budge once it's in place so i'm not worried about scratching underneath. the only hard part was bending it so that it would go into the cargo area without hitting the C-pillar, but the wood is very flexible so it wasn't a problem, just had to stick the long jut on the drivers side in first and lean the rear seats forward
Thanks for the clarification ib2loud!! I will have to do something like the in the future!!

caliber4whoosh said:
Oh, I see, so it was magical shit!!! :D
LOL Sinan, are you obsessed with "shit" all of a sudden or is it just me?? LOLOL:D:D

:p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts