Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) i cant find the ohter tread about dealers puting 10w30 insteed of 5w20, but i hat it done today and on the invoice it shows they put 5w20 oil,just my 2cents,cheers Thomas

·
Registered
245 Posts
i cant find the other tread about dealers putting 10w30 instead of 5w20, but i hat it done today and on the invoice it shows they put 5w20 oil, just my 2cents,cheers Thomas
I wouldn’t recommend using 10w30 oil at all as it may lead to premature engine failure that will not be covered under warranty. The following recommendations are clearly outlined in the Caliber owner’s manual.

NOTE: Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 6000 miles (10 000 km) or 6 months whichever comes first.

SAE 5W-20 engine oil is recommended for all operating temperatures. This engine oil improves low temperature starting and vehicle fuel economy. Your engine oil filler cap also states the recommended engine oil viscosity grade for your engine.

For information on engine oil filler cap location, see the Engine Compartment illustration in this section. Lubricants which do not have both, the engine oil certification mark and the correct SAE viscosity grade number should not be used.

For best performance and maximum protection under all types of operating conditions, the manufacturer only recommends engine oils that are API certified and meet the requirements of DaimlerChrysler Material Standard
MS-6395.

Dan

·
Registered
140 Posts
does anyone know the part number for an oil filter from wal-mart or O'Reileys? such as fram or something?

·
Registered
506 Posts
doesn't exist yet from what i know... please correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
140 Posts
damn.... so I gotta go to the dealer to purchase one??? that sucks..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine is at the dealership right now getting its first oil change as I type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts