Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I went to my dealership last week to get my first oil change. While having the oil changed I told them about some of the minor problems I was having. The problems were (when the car sits in the sun for a long time, and I roll the windows down {powered} the windows make a sqeeking sound.) The other problem was with (the known rear windshield sprayer leaking). I mentioned these problems to the service dept.
The problem I had was that I was waiting for over 2 hours and then when I looked at the reciept they didn't even have a replacement sprayer in stock, so it didn't even get replaced. WHAT THE HELL WAS I WAITING 2 HOURS FOR????????? Man was I pissed.:eek:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well I would think it is because they had to wait for a service tech to look at the other problems you asked them to look at, besides the oil change. Whether they had the part in stock or not, a tech still has to find time to look at the problem before he recommends a solution.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ejfb said:
Well I would think it is because they had to wait for a service tech to look at the other problems you asked them to look at, besides the oil change. Whether they had the part in stock or not, a tech still has to find time to look at the problem before he recommends a solution.
Yeah I thought so myself but as soon as I pulled the car in and told the service tech about the windows problems (of course I couldn't reproduce the problem) as for the sprayer 2 HOURS?? If they didn't have any in stock what the purpose of keeping me waiting for 2 hours. When I checked out they didn't even tell me to come back later for the backourdered part. I read the reciept and it said the part was not available. Not happy with the service I was given.

·
Registered
38 Posts
don't feel bad, I spent 4 hours for them to change a window regulator for a rattle and that still did not fix the problem. they told me it would take 1.5 hours, but got a free oil change:D . then had to take it back and it was not the door anyway it was something loose right under the door, then they did some kind of computer change that is not listed on my service sheet and mpg went from 27 to 23, have went through 3 tanks just to make sure something would not change(i drive mostly high way between 70 & 80 mph), now I have to take it back again:mad:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Angelfish said:
Yeah I thought so myself but as soon as I pulled the car in and told the service tech about the windows problems (of course I couldn't reproduce the problem) as for the sprayer 2 HOURS?? If they didn't have any in stock what the purpose of keeping me waiting for 2 hours. When I checked out they didn't even tell me to come back later for the backourdered part. I read the reciept and it said the part was not available. Not happy with the service I was given.
First, there is no official fix yet from DCX for the leaky rear sprayer. (There are numerous threads about this in the Problems area.) People who have gotten the fluid lines replaced report that it did not fix the leak.

Second, it probably took them 2 hrs to get to your car in the first place. If you pulled in for a while-u-wait oil change and then asked for additional work, you get put in a queue for the add-ons because you didn't have an appointment. And, even in you have an appointment for certain tasks, asking for additional tasks once you get there WILL take longer!! They schedule the known workload in advance, so they can get completed cars back to customers at the time they estimate in the morning. They will try to fit in unplanned work, somehow, because the customer asked for it -- it just won't happen expediently.

Third, backorders of parts can take days, not hours. USUALLY they will call you or send you a postcard when the part comes in, and then you can make arrangements to come back.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
rocked said:
don't feel bad, I spent 4 hours for them to change a window regulator for a rattle and that still did not fix the problem. they told me it would take 1.5 hours, but got a free oil change:D . then had to take it back and it was not the door anyway it was something loose right under the door, then they did some kind of computer change that is not listed on my service sheet and mpg went from 27 to 23, have went through 3 tanks just to make sure something would not change(i drive mostly high way between 70 & 80 mph), now I have to take it back again:mad:
They probably did the PCM update for the detonation problems. It retards the timing and will affect your MPG because the motor won't make the same hp with reduced timing, but it cures detonation in the motor. Did you complain about a ticking noise?

·
Registered
38 Posts
HSKR said:
They probably did the PCM update for the detonation problems. It retards the timing and will affect your MPG because the motor won't make the same hp with reduced timing, but it cures detonation in the motor. Did you complain about a ticking noise?
Not yet, will in the morning, well see what happens.

·
Registered
190 Posts
HSKR said:
Wouldn't that improve MPG??

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
MetroAWD said:
Wouldn't that improve MPG??
No, it will not because your motor makes less power and has to work harder to move the same amount of weight.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hskr...your right about the pinging, when i would run 87 octane it would so si switched to 93 and it went away. now when i run 87 it does not ping, i am going to tell tem to put it back the way it was. what is 2 more dollars for a fill up if i am going to get 30 to 40 miles per tank.

·
Registered
135 Posts
rocked said:
hskr...your right about the pinging, when i would run 87 octane it would so si switched to 93 and it went away. now when i run 87 it does not ping, i am going to tell tem to put it back the way it was. what is 2 more dollars for a fill up if i am going to get 30 to 40 miles per tank.
OK quick question. Are you saying we should all put 93 in our cars and then we can go back to the 87 and the ping "should" go away. What does that do? Sorry i'm slow :) Also, why does it say in the manual to ONLY USE 87 and nothing else...what would it hurt?

·
Registered
38 Posts
BethJ said:
OK quick question. Are you saying we should all put 93 in our cars and then we can go back to the 87 and the ping "should" go away. What does that do? Sorry i'm slow :) Also, why does it say in the manual to ONLY USE 87 and nothing else...what would it hurt?

No i am not saying that, here in Texas this time of year everyday is 100 or better, and when i used 87 it was pinging so i went to 93 and it stopped. they did the computer thing my gas mileage went down, so i went back to 87 and there was no more pinging but still was losing 3 to 4 mpg. so i want them to put it back so I can get my mpg back up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
rocked said:
No i am not saying that, here in Texas this time of year everyday is 100 or better, and when i used 87 it was pinging so i went to 93 and it stopped. they did the computer thing my gas mileage went down, so i went back to 87 and there was no more pinging but still was losing 3 to 4 mpg. so i want them to put it back so I can get my mpg back up.
OH I see, I'm sorry, I wasnt' following ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts