Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here it is! I'm just amazed at how eye-catching the color is, at least to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good :bigthumb: care to share any interior pics too?

i edited your post so that we dont have to click on the pics to see them

Thanks! Sure, I'll probably have time to take some interior pics tomorrow.

Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure of the best way to post them, so I'm glad you did.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Thanks! Sure, I'll probably have time to take some interior pics tomorrow.

Thanks a lot! I wasn't sure of the best way to post them, so I'm glad you did.
great :bigthumb:

no problem, i much prefer not having to click on pics to see them lol - i'm that lazy :rofl:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Nice lookin caliber. You should get up some pics of it in the sun, i bet that color pops pretty nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry got side tracked. Nice looking Caliber. Definitely need some interior shots.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sunlight on Blackberry Pearl

I took a bunch of pictures and it's hard to choose which ones are best, so I hope you like them. The metal flakes in the paint look blue, green, and red in the sunlight in person; I tried to capture each color but at least I have one picture below that shows how the car literally sparkles in the sun.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ Looks good!! Thanks for the pics!

I really like the newer interior
I like it too, for the most part. I will say though that the cup holders are a little bit smaller and at first I couldn't tell that they would light up at night, but they do. If you have a large cup in each front cup holder, you really can't see the lights because they're kind of hidden. I'll try to remember to take a picture of them at night and post it when I can. I like that the armrest doesn't slide back as easily as it did on my first Caliber, it stays in place, and it looks like they have an actual switch for the chillzone. I never could get that so-called door on the roof of the chillzone to stay put after I closed the glove box on my other Caliber. I even tried the trick with the paper clip or whatever and couldn't get it right. The darker gray is what I like most. I had a two-tone interior on my other Caliber; mostly light gray with the darker gray accents. I like that the interior looks uniform or as close as possible; I'm not sure I really liked the two-tone. However, at the time, I was just happy to have the Caliber and didn't really care about the interior. After awhile, that light gray armrest looked nasty because it had gotten pretty dirty. I deep cleaned my interior on that Caliber only once and I really should have done it more than that because the light gray parts got dirty quick.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
I like it too, for the most part. I will say though that the cup holders are a little bit smaller and at first I couldn't tell that they would light up at night, but they do. If you have a large cup in each front cup holder, you really can't see the lights because they're kind of hidden. I'll try to remember to take a picture of them at night and post it when I can. I like that the armrest doesn't slide back as easily as it did on my first Caliber, it stays in place, and it looks like they have an actual switch for the chillzone. I never could get that so-called door on the roof of the chillzone to stay put after I closed the glove box on my other Caliber. I even tried the trick with the paper clip or whatever and couldn't get it right. The darker gray is what I like most. I had a two-tone interior on my other Caliber; mostly light gray with the darker gray accents. I like that the interior looks uniform or as close as possible; I'm not sure I really liked the two-tone. However, at the time, I was just happy to have the Caliber and didn't really care about the interior. After awhile, that light gray armrest looked nasty because it had gotten pretty dirty. I deep cleaned my interior on that Caliber only once and I really should have done it more than that because the light gray parts got dirty quick.
Yeah i know what you mean with the cup holders. i think that they changed to that style even before the re-design IIRC.

My armrest and chill zone have never really been a problem for me thankfully, but mine is a Nov 06 build, so they had a bit of practice first :lol:

I agree about the two-tone interior in the '07s. I hate how the light grey is always dirty. I need to find something to clean my armrest, and the door sills. Heck i prefer the 08 interior to the '07 because of the colours. What did you use to "deep clean" the interior?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yeah i know what you mean with the cup holders. i think that they changed to that style even before the re-design IIRC.

My armrest and chill zone have never really been a problem for me thankfully, but mine is a Nov 06 build, so they had a bit of practice first :lol:

I agree about the two-tone interior in the '07s. I hate how the light grey is always dirty. I need to find something to clean my armrest, and the door sills. Heck i prefer the 08 interior to the '07 because of the colours. What did you use to "deep clean" the interior?
When I bought the car, they offered the AutoArmor on the outside and inside (which I got) and then gave me a four-pack ("professional interior/exterior maintenance system") of concentrated car wash, paint protection (I guess it's like wax or polish), upholstery & carpet shampoo, and leather & vinyl enhancer (also like a polish). I believe I just used the upholstery & carpet shampoo, though, on the interior. I may have used the car wash once, maybe twice. The directions say to add 4 ounces to a gallon of water and to use a brush if necessary. It also said to vacuum thoroughly and I'm not sure I did that. Oh well, it didn't seem to hurt anything that I didn't. The ingredients to the carpet & upholstery stuff are: Sodium Alkyl Aryl Sulfonate, Sodium Laural Sulfate, Sodium Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, and Sodium EDTA. I would guess one, some, or all of those ingredients are in some other cleaner; so I guess you could go and see what you can find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts