Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never bought a new car before, so the whole thing is kinda new to me - but I'm just about to pick up the phone and place an order for a new Caliber.

I was wondering if anyone with a similar Caliber can tell me if this is a decent price to pay or if I should continue the hunt:

$21,384

R/T - Steel Blue

6-CD Changer w/o Cassette
MusicGate
Sirius
Driver Convenience Group
Leather Interior
Power Sunroof

Everything else standard R/T

MSRP according to the Dodge website is 22,960


Sorry if these types of threads are frowned upon, but as I said the car buying process is new to me and if I could just get an e-pat on the back or something about this I'd feel a lot more comfortable with placing the order!

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
if the price is less than what the msrp value, then you got a deal... I would recomend not to order the musicgate since that seems to be one of the reasons why they are been delayed......... not necessarily true.. but that's what've heard.. jeje...

anyways good luck with you order...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
689 Posts
Ok, you are ordering, well just keep in mind the wait, as long as you can deal with the wait. Great job of dealing, and I would keep the MusicGate, you will always regret it if you drop it to get the car sooner, if there really is a problem with it causing a delay, since no one has heard for sure it is now slowing up builds.

And that is a great price normally, but considering the current situation with the Caliber, even better that the dealer would come down like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
guzman said:
I've never bought a new car before, so the whole thing is kinda new to me - but I'm just about to pick up the phone and place an order for a new Caliber.

I was wondering if anyone with a similar Caliber can tell me if this is a decent price to pay or if I should continue the hunt:

$21,384

R/T - Steel Blue

6-CD Changer w/o Cassette
MusicGate
Sirius
Driver Convenience Group
Leather Interior
Power Sunroof

Everything else standard R/T

MSRP according to the Dodge website is 22,960


Sorry if these types of threads are frowned upon, but as I said the car buying process is new to me and if I could just get an e-pat on the back or something about this I'd feel a lot more comfortable with placing the order!

Thanks!
I agree with helsonrm if the price is less than what the msrp value, then you got a deal but it all depends on if you wait for it and if there is a better deal in your area. . . we got our Cal. for $40 under Invoice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ejfb said:
Ok, you are ordering, well just keep in mind the wait, as long as you can deal with the wait. Great job of dealing, and I would keep the MusicGate, you will always regret it if you drop it to get the car sooner, if there really is a problem with it causing a delay, since no one has heard for sure it is now slowing up builds.

And that is a great price normally, but considering the current situation with the Caliber, even better that the dealer would come down like that.
OK! Thanks for the back-up! The guy must be out to lunch right now though as no one is picking up. :(

I am prepared for the wait and actually appreciate it at the moment as it will give me time to save up a little more and sell my car for a decent price. The less I have to finance the better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
2007 Dodge Caliber
R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT) What Others
Are Paying MSRP Invoice
National Base Price
A note about advertising fees $19,425 $18,087
$19,388
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code Change - -
$0
Optional Equipment $2,655 $2,442
$2,649

AJD Leather Interior Group $910 $837
$908
GWG Power Express Open/Close Sunroof $750 $690
$748
ATJ Musicgate Power Sound System $400 $368
$399
AJV Driver Convenience Group $400 $368
$399
RSA Sirius Satellite Radio $195 $179
$195
Color Adjustment - -
$0

Steel Blue Metallic Clearcoat
Destination Charge $560 $560 $560
Total with Options $22,640 $21,089 $22,597
Incentives & Rebates -$500
Customer Cash Adjusted True Market Value $22,097


http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/dodge/caliber/100686348/optionsresults.html?action=2
Check it out

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
...owning a Dodge Caliber...priceless. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
I would just see if they can get you one without ordering... I didn't think that they were taking custom orders anymore anyway. The wait is unreal.

tiff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
I would just see if they can get you one without ordering... I didn't think that they were taking custom orders anymore anyway. The wait is unreal.

tiff
About two weeks ago when we first looked the Dealer told us that they were taking orders but the factory wasn't putting anymore out for a couple of months so we took an R/T from them that they swapped another dealer for.

As far as the price, thats a good price, right about what mine was, but keep in mind after extended warranty (which you should get, or cry later) and dealer charges, Tax. Reg, etc...It will be more like 23-24 and change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
MOOK3452
what was the extended warranty you got if you dont mind me asking
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top