Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I figured out what caused the intermittent rattle. Only during some songs/tones (including... The Cars - "My Bestfriend's Girlfriend") would I hear the rattle. The cause is the L/S IP/dash endcap cover. You need the dash speakers to really have the problem since the L/S dash speaker is the one that sends the vibration that causes the rattle of the endcap. I had the service manager sit in my car while I played the song off my mp3 player so the rattle would be heard. I told him what the problem was and asked for them to use doublesided tape to secure the endcap cover. My problem is fixed, no more rattle! :cool:

I have taken this information back to the plant and told the engineers that can make the fix happen. Until then, please use the information above to direct the service techs to what and how to fix the problem.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I started to get a intermittent really annoying loud rattle that sounds like its coming from either my seat or under the dash near the peddles or anywhere in-between. Unlike your rattle, this occurs not from the music, but from vibrations while driving. Can't figure it out. Happens infrequently enough that just a simple poke around isn't coming up with anything. When it does happen, it usually persists off and on till I turn the car off. It's loud enough that I can hear it over music playing at level ~10-13 or so. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It took me almost 9,000 miles of driving my Caliber before I found my problem. The rattle I spoke of would only be with LHD Calibers. If you have a LHD Caliber you could do the fix mentioned above too because it might be caused by road vibs too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
ok i'll bite. LHD???

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Left Hand Drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts