Those are SWEET..........

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
hey the console bezel is "flamed" too! Did you happen to notice if the seats had the colored inserts, and what color?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I saw similar flame job on Caliber at the Ontario (Canada)
MoparFest on August 19th,my guess would be they are DCX
sponsored paint jobs however the the one in my pics has
private plates.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
can't say that flames are really my thing, and if they were i don't really feel like anything FWD and 4cyl. is the right type of vehicle IMO for flames to be on without looking silly

I'd be more ok with the new Challenger with something like that... still wouldn't want flames for myself, but at least it make more sense

·
Registered
258 Posts
those look awesome, but are probably better suited for the srt4.

·
Registered
141 Posts
To me Flames indicate high speed, burn outs, rapid acceleration with a V8 big block grunting shear BHP by the 1000 with the deafening sound of a howling and demented Banshee...all of which do not fall into Callibers repatoir...at all.

So IMHO I think the flamed look on the Caliber is a big no no !

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
can't say that flames are really my thing, and if they were i don't really feel like anything FWD and 4cyl. is the right type of vehicle IMO for flames to be on without looking silly

I'd be more ok with the new Challenger with something like that... still wouldn't want flames for myself, but at least it make more sense
xlr8 said:
To me Flames indicate high speed, burn outs, rapid acceleration with a V8 big block grunting shear BHP by the 1000 with the deafening sound of a howling and demented Banshee...all of which do not fall into Callibers repatoir...at all.

Thank-you... finally some more common sense. i am not saying the flames aren't done well, because they are... moreso that they just don't belong there in the first place.... even on the caliber srt4, that would be ricey

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nightshade said:
Some more pictures of it if you are interested.

I gotta find the graphic artist that did that work.. Is quite simply awesome!
UNREAL!!!!! I thought at first it was Yosemite Sam (near London Ontario)- he does a lot of work flaming Chrysler media vehicles. This one looks like a Mike Lavallee job.

Absolutely stunning....

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
bigtsr said:
I saw similar flame job on Caliber at the Ontario (Canada)
MoparFest on August 19th,my guess would be they are DCX
sponsored paint jobs however the the one in my pics has
private plates.
That's why I posted and asked if they may be the same vehicle, linking my response to your post from last week.

In your pics, the private plates are obvious. In all the other photos, the plates/plate areas either don't show based on the angle of the shot, or that part of the vehicle was either cut off or blocked from view by an obstacle (post, guy's leg) when the picture was taken.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
xlr8 said:

I tend to agree. But I think the Caliber has enough style to it to be able to accommodate the flame job in that picture... especially since it has some sort of demon-fire-breathing-ram on the hood. Usually it's when the graphics start speaking louder than the car design that things start to fall apart visually.

Having said that I think the flame-job on this Caliber here is on the borderline.

I have seen some really cool looking old VW Rabbits with flame graphics and they looked hilarious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
DAMN, I want it that, it looks like work done by killerpaint

1 - 20 of 25 Posts