Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some photos of Wifey's Caliber with the tint and Splash Guards.
Here they are:

She drove some mysterious 265 miles in 2 days, I aint even asking where she went. Lynn is saying everyone is looking at her and smiling though, I guess that's a good thing!!
Man, modding 2 cars now is more of a chore than I thought!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not sure if I like the flaps on white cars. I have them on the Orange R/T car but the white not sure yet...... I love the tint!!!! I have owned many white cars and the last one was a 79 Chrysler 300 that I put mudflaps on and they looked out of place to me on that car. (the 79 300's are all white by the way!) My 78 Magnum (red) they looked fine on! My opinions only please no disrespect meant!!!!!!!!

Just an update ==> Local dealer has a white one in with some add ons and they DO look great on a white car!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very nice. What was your tinting percentage?

Tyke

·
Registered
614 Posts
Your car looks .......greeat. Flaps are fine. Especially if effective and not just glamour. Do the Magnum rims and tires work perfectly with clearances? Haven't seen that asked or answered directly. Once again, great combination and so far unique.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love the green Pogo-Ball at the bottom of that one pic... man, I must really be old if I remember THAT shit... LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TechMan said:
Your car looks .......greeat. Flaps are fine. Especially if effective and not just glamour. Do the Magnum rims and tires work perfectly with clearances? Haven't seen that asked or answered directly. Once again, great combination and so far unique.
Actually, they are Charger wheels with Michilen Pilots. Fit great, pleanty of clearance, rides great. The flaps took care of the Hanging out look from the sides/rear look and will help keep crap off the paint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raz said:
I love the green Pogo-Ball at the bottom of that one pic... man, I must really be old if I remember THAT shit... LMFAO!!!
That's my Pup's favorite toy, my Daughter picked it out, I never thought she would play with it!!
Here's the Pup:

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
MAGNUM8R said:
Flaps & tint look good! Love the Charger wheels... and the blacked out wheel-pockets.

How much wider are the Charger wheels than the Caliber wheels?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GOT said:
Flaps & tint look good! Love the Charger wheels... and the blacked out wheel-pockets.

How much wider are the Charger wheels than the Caliber wheels?
Not sure how much wider, they are 225/60/18's They are quite a bit bigger than stock!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
MAGNUM8R said:
Not sure how much wider, they are 225/60/18's They are quite a bit bigger than stock!!
Cool.

So if I did the math correct... 225/60/18 -VS- 215/60/17... the Charger wheel/tires are 1-cm wider and 1-inch taller. That'd work for me:cool:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Love the window tints the more examples that get posted here. But I probably won't be doing it to mine... here in Michigan, any aftermarket tint on front and drivers windows (to make them darker than factory stock) is actually illegal. :( According to a cop friend of mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this site and as I'm looking into getting a Caliber, I have a question to you lucky owners about the "solar-control glass" windows. Is this a transitional tint like the sunglasses and how well does it work?

·
Registered
65 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Love the window tints the more examples that get posted here. But I probably won't be doing it to mine... here in Michigan, any aftermarket tint on front and drivers windows (to make them darker than factory stock) is actually illegal. :( According to a cop friend of mine.
I always wondered if that was true...although I have seen some pretty dark tints in Detroit. (I live 30 minutes from the bridge, and visit Mich. and Ohio often).
So, I am getting mine tinted as dark as they can go before being illegal here in Ontario. I won't have any probs when I cross the border...will I??? Maybe I should reconsider my tint.

Oh yeah, I LOVE THE DOG!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Giddyupeh said:
I always wondered if that was true...although I have seen some pretty dark tints in Detroit. (I live 30 minutes from the bridge, and visit Mich. and Ohio often).
So, I am getting mine tinted as dark as they can go before being illegal here in Ontario. I won't have any probs when I cross the border...will I??? Maybe I should reconsider my tint.

Oh yeah, I LOVE THE DOG!
Just get the rear windows done, leave the drivers side and passenger side front alone, you will be fine.

O yeah, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I am also a Deputy Sheriff :eek:

·
Registered
901 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
Just get the rear windows done, leave the drivers side and passenger side front alone, you will be fine.
That's what my cop friend said too. But I think that would look strange. I would want to do all windows, or none at all.

Yeah, I've seen some super dark window tints too, and always have wondered how they get away with it. Maybe if they do get a ticket, they just pay the fine and continue doing what they want. Who knows. Or maybe it's on a lower priority list of things for police to look out for.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts