Registered
1,055 Posts
That mp3 playin SD card reader is cool!

·
Registered
21 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
ok I finally got to posting them... Ta Da!!!:D :D :D
I hope that POS compass works better for you than it did for me. It never kept its bearings, and then the plastics fall apart very easily.

Im gonna find out how to add the driver conveniance package aftermarket. I have a guy at work who totally re programmed hiis 2006 BMW computer and body control module. He wrote his own software for it. and he is going to find out how to get into the bus logic system of the caliber for me to see what little goodies we can turn on through the BCM. All I want is for the compas to be turned on thats all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when you find out how PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I really want the driver con. group and would love to add it on!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like that I get the driver conv. group... but really it's a little over priced for what it is. you can add that stuff yourself for pretty cheap

·
Registered
140 Posts
ok, where's you get the card/usb reader and how does it wire into the system?? I've got a kenwood aftermarket HU that's got AUX in.. just would like to throw some songs onto my USB pen drive and take it to the car instead of burnin MP3 CD's

·
Registered
268 Posts
i tried one of thsoe mp3 players in my old Saturn, the sound quality was terrible and the thing fell apart after a couple of days

good thing wal-mart takes back anything

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
dawson said:
ok, where's you get the card/usb reader and how does it wire into the system?? I've got a kenwood aftermarket HU that's got AUX in.. just would like to throw some songs onto my USB pen drive and take it to the car instead of burnin MP3 CD's
Looks like it plugs into the cigarete lighter/12V power jack, and just uses the FM modulator to play on the stereo, so you have to find an open radio station, and if traveling, this might require re-tuing the radio every now and then, and hoping one of the available stations on the device is not being used for a real radio station. It's how I have my XM radio hooked up right now. Nice on long trips, but seems like i have to change stations every couple hundred miles. But California radio band is pretty loaded with all the mexican stations mixed in, many illegal stations broadcasting(meaning no FCC license)

·
Registered
140 Posts
That sucks... I hate FM Modulators... I want something that does a direct wire-in... suppose I"ll just get a portable MP3 player and hook it to an 1/8">RCA adapter and hook that to my Aux-in

·
Registered
140 Posts
donsmith said:
Thank you for that, but I'm still confused on the "FM SD Card Reader". Can you explain that?

Insert SD Card or USB drive into little module that goes in ciggy lighter, it'll read the MP3's from there and transmit them to your Radio via an FM station signal...

·
Registered
21 Posts
dawson said:
Just go and get any MP3 player and plug it into the AUX input if ya have on on your radio. I have a Dell Axim and use that as a MP3 player it wourks and sounds just fine.

·
Registered
683 Posts
For my 2004 Durango I bought a new Donnelly rear view mirror on Ebay to replace the stock one. It has a digital compass and temperture readout as well as auto-dimming. Cost was $99. If interested I'll look up the vendor I got it from and see if he has any more. Makes for a factory look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts