Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..
I just got my Caliber today..
And I wanted to have those "Fog Contours" we can see in the French-Canadian brochure.. If anyone from Mopar tell me WHY my dealer says they doesn't exist? .. Cause.. I WANT'EM!!
How can I get these and how much would it cost ($CAN or $US).. :)

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess on that one, I think you get those with the Accessory Fog Lights, the ones you order when you don't have fogs from the factory. When my brother got fogs for his Ram 1500, the kit had those black covers, but factory installed fogs on trucks don't have them.

When you don't have factory fogs, they put an insert that can be popped out, that black cover fills in the pop out opening.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooooooh.. Yeh.. Could be it..
'cause on the SX without the fogs, the horizontal plastic lines of the design come across the hole and blends on the other side.. Probably the black thing's there to hide the "cuts"..

URGH!!! :'(

·
Registered
689 Posts
Go to parts, and have them look up the kit, see if the kit is broken down to the parts, the black covers would have a part number then, just don't know if they would fit, might be a different bumper cover without factory fogs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cause if you want fogs on the SX / SXT without the Factory installed Fogs, you'll have to cut through the two wholes to install.. So, the black thing's probably to hide the cuts.. It makes sense..

·
Registered
57 Posts
If anyone has any luck with accessory fog lights, please post your info.
Unfortunately, ours doesnt have fog lights, and we wanted them, but we had to make a concession to take a car without the lights....just couldnt find exactly the options we wanted...and didnt want to wait for an ordered vehicle.
The front bumper covers are completely different for cars equipped with fog lights. There is a black plastic pop out, however the bumper cover is still different and the "grill" would need to be cut and modified to fit a fog light in and without a proper "contour" the install would still look crappy.
I checked with my dealer and took a gander through the Caliber accessory book...no fog light kit :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts