175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK I got my kit in yesterday and took some pictures of it

100_1019 (Medium).JPG

100_1023 (Medium).JPG

100_1025 (Medium).JPG

100_1027 (Medium).JPG

And by the looks you do have to cut out the grille things on the lower bumper

Installation prob take place on Saturday, also I need to find a STARSCAN tool to recognize the lamps. I dont feel like going to the dealer....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Could you post a picture of the back of the black inserts, curious about how they deal with the ribs on the bumper, the ones that would go right up to the opening after cutoff.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ejfb said:
Could you post a picture of the back of the black inserts, curious about how they deal with the ribs on the bumper, the ones that would go right up to the opening after cutoff.

I hope you are talking about these things :) because I'm going to bed now ...

100_1028 (Medium).JPG

100_1030 (Medium).JPG

100_1031 (Medium).JPG

100_1032 (Medium).JPG

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks like it has notches to deal with the ribs.

Yes get sleep, rest well, install tomorrow, post pics!:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks like a good kit, and for that price, well worth it.

It looks like the worst part of the install would be putting the new turn signal stick in. I imagine that would be a dealer install?

I'm getting a set right now :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
random thought: i think it'd be kinda cool to have the fogs run behind the little 'bars' [for lack of a better term] on the sxt's foglight holes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Trythisonforsize said:
Looks like a good kit, and for that price, well worth it.

:)
Sorry, but where did you see a price posted?

or do I have to look that up at mopar.com? Just got out of bed over here in Germany, so maybe it takes some time to get my 'ol brain in gear ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone know if you can purchase just the lense to the fog light, both of mine are cracking in a circular pattern, and I'd hate to have to replace the whole light.

·
Registered
154 Posts
mikemclawhon said:
Anyone know if you can purchase just the lense to the fog light, both of mine are cracking in a circular pattern, and I'd hate to have to replace the whole light.
I know you can get the lights themselves as replacement parts without the kits, they're about $35 each at mopar.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just great its raining and I have a fever :( So the installation prob take place on Monday...

I also email my dealership about the StarScan, by the looks its should only take a few mins... I hope they do not charge me for the service because that tool cost 3k :mad:

Anyone else know any other program tool to use??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Trythisonforsize said:
It looks like the worst part of the install would be putting the new turn signal stick in. I imagine that would be a dealer install?
No the worst part is going to the dealer to use their StarScan tool. Installing the turn signal is and looks very easy...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is great, ok I started on installing the fogs.

Problem 1:

Where you have to install the fog lamp connection connector to your intergrated power box (aka underneathe the fuse box) there is already an existing wire in it... The instructions shows that there shouldnt be any wire at all.

(For those if you already have the kit, its step number 15, the wire thats already there is in Cav 5)

Anyways I have no idea what that wire is used for, so I dont want to pull it out. I have the service CD and it shows that those ports for only for the fog lamp output....

So now I'm stuck and its night now :( I need to continue this tomorrow morning..

Suggestions?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Does the end connector of the wiring harness that came with the kit, connect to the wire that is already there? If so, how much you want to bet every Caliber has that wire, ready for connecting to fogs is equipped or ordered that way, just a thought, maybe the harness wire is already installed on the car, somewhere near where the fogs would connect, but is taped up near the fog area.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm.... I check that out tomorrow to make sure. Ok I find a better way to explain on how someone else can check to see if their wiring is the same as mine. A lot of reading but plz help ... :) Check yours and see to. I have a SXT 2007 thats made after May.

The harness that came with the fog lamp kit has two wires that you have to plug into another harness under the fuse box. The kit instructions calls these two wires "CAV 5 and CAV 6". These two wires plug into a green harness under the fuse box, right side of the car or driver side next to the air intake. If you lift up the fuse box you'll see the green harness with a white tab thing. The harness is in the front/button of the fuse box you cant miss it.

Picture below

100_1034 (Medium).JPG

After you lift the fuse box out of position (make sure you do not pull all the way because you cant, the wires are taped down. You well see a red clip, push up on it. Then the white clip, push up on that. The harness should come out easily, on the other side of the green harness on the upper roll are 7 holes. The two wires from the fog kit plugs into 5 and 6.

Plug 6 should be open, but plug 5 isnt. I checked the service CD and 5 and 6 are for the fog light input.

See Picture

100_1035 (Medium).JPG

K that should be it for now. I hope this is good enough to explain....

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've looked up under my bumper and there is already wiring hanging down where the fog lights would be. I think the wiring harness was installed with all the neccessary wiring, just the lights and switch not put into place.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Michael K. said:
I've looked up under my bumper and there is already wiring hanging down where the fog lights would be. I think the wiring harness was installed with all the neccessary wiring, just the lights and switch not put into place.
Is you car an SXT, not like it matters, but it might. Is that wire right in front of the planel that pops for out the fog lights? I looked under my car and didnt see any wire hanging down at all. All I see is wires going to other places...

Can you take a picture?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Yes, the wires are right behind the pop-out pannel. I'll try to get some pictures tonight.

EDIT: I went out to the car to get a picture of the wires. It seems I was a little mistaken since I must not have looked close enough before. The wires I saw are on the driver's side. There's a large junction/connector on that side with wires going to the headlights and to the horn, but nothing with connectors for the fog lights. I apologize for getting your hopes up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts