Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Its cool, I called the dealer up and ask them if they can do it for me. Of course they said yes, I ask how much, they said dont know because this well be the first Caliber that they put Fog lights in....

All of this because of one wire in the fuse box harness thing... I see whats going on later.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Scjon03 said:
Its cool, I called the dealer up and ask them if they can do it for me. Of course they said yes, I ask how much, they said dont know because this well be the first Caliber that they put Fog lights in....

All of this because of one wire in the fuse box harness thing... I see whats going on later.
Hopefully they won't hold you by the ankles and shake you until your pockets are empty. I think you should get a discount for being the test subject for them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh my god.......That is so funny!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thanks guys thanks :p Anyways.... Guys look and see if you have that wire !!! :) .38 check yours !!!!! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have the wire as well, SXT.

I just bought the set on line, waiting for it to ship, so we'll see what happens. I already cut the holes too, I want to put them right in when I get them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just that one wire is a problem, I just dont want to pull it out and see what happens.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Scjon03 said:
thanks guys thanks :p Anyways.... Guys look and see if you have that wire !!! :) .38 check yours !!!!! :)
I looked real quick and found out that the clips that keep the fuse box cover on are broken :mad: it just lifted right off!! (my first problem for the dealer) The rain came before I got to see if the wire was there, will check again when it stops.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
boostdog said:
what does the cd that you have say that wire goes to?

The service CD said nothing about that wire. I asume that it should be un-used if you dont have foglights. Now the CD said that CAV 6 is for the fog lights and said nothing about CAV 5. So it makes me wonder if I should put both wires into one connection.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
what i do not understand is why would you have to run the fog lights throught the ecu....what function does that serve? or is it just the dist. block that it goes through? if so i would think that you should be able to hook by taking that wire out since it would not be going to anything else...unless it is integrated........in that case then i am at a loss.

edit:::: what esle is controlled or fused at through that location.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The reason why you have to hook the wire to the ecu is because the switch to turn on the fog lights are on a new stick, the thing on the left side of your steering wheel. The fog light switch is now control through your main head light switch just as if you bought the Caliber with fog lights already installed... (see the first post pictures, you'll see the new stick thing. Plus its a USA regulation)

Front fog lamps will be functional when park lamps or low beam lamps are activated, and shut off when high beam lamps are activated.

That wire I'm going to leave it alone, tomorrow the dealership is going to deal with it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I propose, just a proposal mind you, if scjon03 gets it all figured out about the wire, and people are able to get it hooked up ok using his instructions, for everyone that is going to get the fog lights, to help chip in a buck or two for his cost to have dealership tell him what needs to be done. Starscan is separate, since everyone will still have to do that.

Just a suggestion. ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Fog lights are now installed, right now its raining very hard so I take pictures tomorrow...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Scjon03 said:
Fog lights are now installed, right now its raining very hard so I take pictures tomorrow...
yea i know how that goes. just washed both my cars yesterday and today rain all day!!! hows it look? i cant wait to see im going to order after i see pics. what all did you have the dealer do? im what we in the south call a "backyard mechanic."

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
.38 said:
Hopefully they won't hold you by the ankles and shake you until your pockets are empty. I think you should get a discount for being the test subject for them :rolleyes:
thats wat i was for my dealer lol ... they had absolutley no clue at all as to what they were doing:eek:

check out this thread for more:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4134

21 - 35 of 35 Posts