Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this looks like the fog lights , but for the kit dont know...

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/docafogli.html

This is prob just a replacement for the fogs from Mopar, but looks good enough to get started. Just need to know how to cut lower bumper slips off....

I may try it, but I'll call first to make sure.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is the part that my dealer told me, says it has all I need, I'm just not sure about cutting the fins off the hole in the bumber. The black pieces behind the fins come out pretty easily.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey 38 cal. Keep us updated if you get the kit. I have been pondering the "cut the bumper fin" thing too for quite some time???

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am going to do the install without messing with the fins. Fog lights may be hampered but, oh well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already bought the fog lights off of the site I just listed... Then I find this site http://www.authenticdodge.com/product_info.php?products_id=1143 asking you to take it to the dealer to activated it... I wonder if we need to do that if the kit is suppling a switch.

Note: Fog lamps must be activated by your local authorized dodge dealer. You must usa a diagnostic STARSCAN tool so that the front control module is reconfigured and recognizes the front fog lamps. Front Fog lamps will be functional when park lamps or low beam lamps are activated. Front fog lamps will shut off when high beam lamps are activated this is a USA/CANADA/MEXICO federal regulation.

The site (http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/docafogli.html) I bought the fogs off, didnt say you have to activate it.... But are the same thing, discounted though.

Anyways I will also leave the "fins" on and see how it looks, if not I'll cut them off...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got a response from Jeff at the Wyckoff site. He said he thinks the fins would need to be removed but he wasn't sure because they hadn't done any installs yet. The only serious issue I see with the fins is heat from the beam, but since the entire bumper is surrounding the light is plastic I don't know that it would even be an issue.

As for the starscan activation, if this is truly necessary, I don't see why your dealer couldn't just take care of it at you next oil change or "informal" visit after you install it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you ordered it yet .38?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Scjon03 said:
Have you ordered it yet .38?
I may order in the next week or two, I'm getting tints tomorrow and then I'll put on my weather tech shades. After that I'll formulate something in case the fins need to be cut, I'll get primer, paint and clear coat to match before I get to cutting and sanding the fins off. It will also delay me if I need to cut them so I have enough "just-in-case" time to devote to the project.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Keep in mind, if that is truely the correct kit, Chrysler includes in the kit, blackout surrounds and they will integrate with the bumper and should cover up the cut off fins at bumper front.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ejfb said:
Keep in mind, if that is truely the correct kit, Chrysler includes in the kit, blackout surrounds and they will integrate with the bumper and should cover up the cut off fins at bumper front.
I hope this is the case, it will make things a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got my tracking number for the Fog lamps, should be here on Oct 12. Just I hope I have a day off on that day :p Anyways I'll keep ya updated...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Scjon03 said:
I got my tracking number for the Fog lamps, should be here on Oct 12. Just I hope I have a day off on that day :p Anyways I'll keep ya updated...
When you get you fog lights let us know if it is the same as the kit in this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-2007-Dodge-Caliber-Fog-Driving-Lights-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33709QQihZ005QQitemZ150044919257QQrdZ1

It seems to be a pretty comprehensive kit, and it also mentions needing a dealer to activate it. I figured when they said it would include a switch it would be some 29 cent piece, not a whole new column piece. This looks like it could take a while to install.

The before and after pics in the listing look good, you can't really see the inserts and where the vents were cut it looks good but it was a dealer install and they do have better means for finishing the surface.

All in all this is what I have been waiting for more than anything else on the car. Anxious to know how it goes for you Scjon.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Only if you want to, actually if you look at an accessory picture of the accessory fog lights, they are black and don't look bad at all. In fact, some people with the factory fogs have complained that they didn't get the blackouts and wanted them.

Also, if you are going by the pictures on Ebay, those are two different Calibers, one without fogs, and one with factory fogs, not the accessory fogs.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
ejfb said:
Only if you want to, actually if you look at an accessory picture of the accessory fog lights, they are black and don't look bad at all. In fact, some people with the factory fogs have complained that they didn't get the blackouts and wanted them.

Also, if you are going by the pictures on Ebay, those are two different Calibers, one without fogs, and one with factory fogs, not the accessory fogs.
I saw that too!, either that or they moved the caliber and put different wheels on it

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally a picture nice ! yeah I should be getting the kit tomorrow (thursday Oct 11). But I prob wont start til Saturday... I take pictures on the kit if needed...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts