Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
on the stick that you turn your lights on, and the spot where you actually turn the lights, you pull towards the door. well actually you turn the lights one and then you pull it out... it me a second or two to get it. hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
superbang said:
on the stick that you turn your lights on, and the spot where you actually turn the lights, you pull towards the door. well actually you turn the lights one and then you pull it out... it me a second or two to get it. hope this helps!
Bang, is correct, there should also be a light the lights up somewhere on the dash to let you know they are on, either a green or yellow courtisy light!:)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Bang, is correct, there should also be a light the lights up somewhere on the dash to let you know they are on, either a green or yellow courtisy light!:)
There is - this green one, in the display area just below the speedometer:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Thanks Herley!!

I don't have a Caliber (yet) so I couldn't snap a shot and I couldn't find one!

Cool...
Yep, but I SHOULD mention that the photo I posted was a "stock" one.

You see, I bought my Caliber right here in South Carolina.

We have that unique "*******" package on all Calibers made for sale in South Carolina.

Therefore, I just went out and took an ACTUAL photo of MY Caliber's *******-version "Fog Lights Activated" display:

·
Registered
267 Posts
******** can read? I thought that was what the picture was for...

KIDDING!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
In all honesty, thats something the dealer should have gone through with you before you first drove it off the lot. My dealer always explains all features of the car before you drive it off the lot. Its not just a sign and drive away thing. They'll even go to the dreaded DMV and get the plates for you so you don't have to stand in line and argue with the cranky people behind the counter.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well the dealership I worked for always received all the plates in and then we called the customers to come pick them up.

But I don't see many salesman going through all the features on the Caliber with anyone, especially seeing as most of us know more about the car than they do. I never had a salesman do that for me, but it would be nice!

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
In all honesty, thats something the dealer should have gone through with you before you first drove it off the lot. My dealer always explains all features of the car before you drive it off the lot. Its not just a sign and drive away thing. They'll even go to the dreaded DMV and get the plates for you so you don't have to stand in line and argue with the cranky people behind the counter.
My sales rep tried to show us how to turn the fogs on but i didnt have tehm installed yet so it was kinda pointless lol - i agreed to getting the mopar ones instead of the factory ones - they are finally installed now.

I was the same way - knew more about the car than the sales guy did, he even admitted it to us.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but what's the point of fog lights? I have them on my Caliber because I took the dealer stock, but never used them. When are you supposed to turn them on?

·
Registered
687 Posts
:D Use them in the FOG I think! :)

I think it just makes the car look sharp with fog lights. Plus by not having them you get a fascia/bumper that you can clearly see where the fog lights would have been installed. Sorry, a Caliber without fog lights looks silly/cheap.

My $.02

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sleazy said:
This may be a stupid question, but what's the point of fog lights? I have them on my Caliber because I took the dealer stock, but never used them. When are you supposed to turn them on?
When it's foggy.......LOL:p The truth is that your normal lights are at a higher plane then the fog lights, which can cause a nasty reflection back to you in foggy conditions(especiallly the high beams!!!!). since the fog lamps are shining lower to the ground, they won't reflect much light back, and light your way through the fog better than without(thay also light the way better in normal conditions). Like IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said, they look cool too!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
294 Posts
FWIW, Fog lamps are useless on Canadian Calibers (except for the cool factor I guess)
Fogs are supposed to be used on their own, no headlights on, to get their full impact. (you have to drive with your parking/running lights to be able to turn the fogs on) Since Canadian Calibers have DRL (optional U.S.) it defeats the purpose. If you want to get around this fact, Canadian drivers have to install an over ride or learn to drive with their handbrake slightly raised.

·
Registered
614 Posts
No one mentioned how much better peripheral lighting is. The fogs give much better side illumination and not only provide better visibility in the fog, but also in the dark with wet roads and poor contrast. I try not to drive with the fogs on so reflections off the road do not bother oncoming drivers. When I do use them, they improve the already great low beam illumination and in particular for wildlife approaching from the sides. On a dark, twisty country road, the fogs are perfect.

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Eh, I wired my own in my Jeep, and the caliber's lights take some getting used to. Why cant I have them on when I'm using high beam??? they work with just the parking lights on, low beam, but not high...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Sleazy said:
This may be a stupid question, but what's the point of fog lights? When are you supposed to turn them on?
Just turn them on when you want to piss off oncoming drivers.:mad:

·
Registered
614 Posts
ty_s said:
if my lights are on so are the fog lights lets you see the deer for a few more seconds befor you hit it
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3555
still did not help
Sometimes you cannot do a thing. If a deer jumps at the wrong time its a done deal. I had an encounter where I can't figure out how I didn't hit one. Very early in the morning, and going around a tight curve, multiple (I'm guessing five or so )deer standing across both lanes are in my headlights. I had no time to stop and barely time to react. I ended up missing them by tossing the car on instinct alone. My adrenaline was pumping and my breathing real fast. You know the feeling. I had fast reflex and luck on my side. A few seconds can make a difference and is better than no warning.

There are deer almost always on or crossing the road in the late evening on my way home. The fog lights really are a big help in seeing them. It helps if your speed is kept reasonable as well.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Fogs for fog, yes they help for a greater width, but if you want something more functional (deer etc) you should try driving lights. Gives you a slightly wider field than your stock headlights and some improved range, and higher intensity. Drawback, the stock location for aux. lights on the Caliber is a little low for driving lights.
My Caliber is my first car with stock fogs, always wired my own, install in order of preference, Driving, Fogs, Pencil... lately I'm a fan of dual beam housings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts