Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like my windows fog instantly when there's no sun on them, had this in the Neon too. Especially driving at night it's annoying going back and forth between foggy inside and condensation outside on the windshield. I see Rain-x has a Fog-x. Has anybody tried this or any similar product on their cars with any success. I actually had some luck with the Armor-all window cleaner but it would only last a few days, but better than windex.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Just turn the defroster on. To keep the condensation off the outside, you'll need to turn the temp up a little.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
HSKR said:
Just turn the defroster on. To keep the condensation off the outside, you'll need to turn the temp up a little.
Thats what I do with my Neon now when it happens. Turn on the deforster, fan at 1 and leave the temp half way.

I really want to try the Fog-X too, looks like I may just spend the $5 get get some of it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I tried that Rain-X stuff in the black bottle for fogging on my old car. It didn't work well at all. I think it might have made things worse, if thats possible.

I just turn the defrost/fog vents on in the Caliber, they usually get the windows clear pretty quick.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Principal said:
I tried that Rain-X stuff in the black bottle for fogging on my old car. It didn't work well at all. I think it might have made things worse, if thats possible.

I just turn the defrost/fog vents on in the Caliber, they usually get the windows clear pretty quick.
I use the rainx stuff also and it works great I put it on both my wifes caliber and my 300 and our windows never fog. I also use the regular rainx , they both work great.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've used Rain-x before, I need to get some more though... one of the keys to it is CLEAN the windows!!!! I usually clean with windex then alcohol before rain-x'ing...also use very little of the product...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Maybe I didn't use enough, or too little, of the stuff. It just didn't work for me. I've still got half the bottle. I think I'll give it another test on a bathroom mirror and see how that does.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Like the others said use the defroster setting and also make sure your recirculator is off. I used de-fogging agents in the past with not so good results. also if the weather permits it just crack the windows a little........that will help also:) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts