Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I went to buy some lumber pieces and tried to fold the front seat to carry them, for my surprise, the seat did not fold as it was adverstised, then i realized that the SE version does not come with that..i see an SXT that does that and the seat looks the same.

it sucks when they advertise lots of things and then they arent available across all the versions.

i want to see if i can modify the seat to do that, but i am concerned if i mess with security of the seat in case of accident.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
as far as i knew it was only on the sxt and up versions, i know that doesn thelp u much but that was the impression i got :( if u dont have the fold flat seat b4 i get my caliber and the srt4 seats 4 it i will sell you my seat :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
mraguilar said:
Hi

I went to buy some lumber pieces and tried to fold the front seat to carry them, for my surprise, the seat did not fold as it was adverstised, then i realized that the SE version does not come with that..i see an SXT that does that and the seat looks the same.

it sucks when they advertise lots of things and then they arent available across all the versions.

i want to see if i can modify the seat to do that, but i am concerned if i mess with security of the seat in case of accident.
The rear seats don't recline either.... you have to pay close attention to adds and features on the car you buy as they are different for each model. The reason I went with the SXT was the SE had none of the following by default: power windows, 17" wheels, folding front seat, reclining rear seats, or AC. I realize you can order some of these items on an SE but add 1 or 2 and it already costs more than the SXT.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
mistermario said:
The rear seats don't recline either.... you have to pay close attention to adds and features on the car you buy as they are different for each model. The reason I went with the SXT was the SE had none of the following by default: power windows, 17" wheels, folding front seat, reclining rear seats, or AC. I realize you can order some of these items on an SE but add 1 or 2 and it already costs more than the SXT.
I figured the same thing out too LOL hence y im buying an SXT

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mistermario said:
The rear seats don't recline either...

add 1 or 2 and it already costs more than the SXT.
Mine Does, i can fold the rear set and have good cargo space,

and the second statement is true, i wanted to add power locks and fogs after the purchase of the caliber and it was expensiver. the only thing i dont wanted is the CVT and the higher price of the SXT. that's why i went with the ST.

·
Registered
259 Posts
mraguilar said:
Mine Does, i can fold the rear set and have good cargo space...
That is correct that they all fold forward however, the SXT seats recline also similar to the front seats. This works great on trips for the rear passengers to lay back a little more and relax. It also works great for car seats and it helps prevent my daughters head from flopping all over the place when she falls asleep.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mkaresh

Noticed reference to an overhead sunglass holder but could not find that item in my SXT list.

Do you have a picture of the holder?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oldguy said:
Mkaresh

Noticed reference to an overhead sunglass holder but could not find that item in my SXT list.

Do you have a picture of the holder?
I was curious about that too, as I've never seen one in a Caliber.

·
Registered
775 Posts
xlimodriver said:
I think you mean SE.
That depends on the country you're in. In the U.S. the models are SE, SXT, and R/T. Other countries get a fourth model in that they can choose from ST, SX, SXT, and R/T

DCX Australia said:
Offered in four models - ST, SX, SXT and R/T - Caliber boasts a comprehensive list of standard features including:. . .
Source

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Michael K. said:
That depends on the country you're in. In the U.S. the models are SE, SXT, and R/T. Other countries get a fourth model in that they can choose from ST, SX, SXT, and R/T

Source
I must have missed that ST reference somehow,:eek: sorry, but after reading that Austrailian web site I'll have no excuse, unless I have another seniors moment. The funny thing is that at the end of the site it says "additional information available". I don't think so!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts