Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.lundlook.com/lund_truck_product_detail_objectname_Truck_Cowl_Induction__truck.aspx

29 1/4" long, 22" wide, you can't quite see it, but it has the same center dip as the style of our hood. So why is this truely for the adventurous? My thought train is to cut out that section of the hood and fiberglass this cowl in place. 29 1/4" long is about 1 1/2" shorter than the total length of the hood and 22" wide it sits pretty well on the center section of the hood, about the same stepping as from the fender level to the raised center hood level.

More than looks. Alot of people complain about Mopar's Hot Air Intake for the car, add the cowl, open up the rear of the cowl and that hot air really doesn't matter that much. The bottom of the windshield is a very high pressure area. When you add the cowl there, all that pressurized air is redirected into the engine bay and right there where the Hot Air Intake is. You get the cold air you would get if you had a true cold air intake with the combined high pressure wave now entering the bay.

I've been eyeing our salvage body parts program, they have a Caliber hood listed, but no on hands quantity yet.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Very interested to see how the finished product looks.

Now if you can only get your hands on that scrap hood!

Is there anyway you can find out if the scrap car had ESP or not? :confused:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Very interested to see how the finished product looks.

Now if you can only get your hands on that scrap hood!

Is there anyway you can find out if the scrap car had ESP or not? :confused:
It's actually not scrap, it's a new hood. LKQ Corp recycles whatever doesn't meet their quality expectations and uses the recycled material to make brand new parts from molds. I've sold quite a number of their new recycled parts as well as "new" used parts, always a perfect factory fit.

They don't list any on-hand right now through their online catalog system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts