Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you guys don't know ,the answer is here :)

The Dodge SRT team is more accessible than most engineers working for a major OEM, which is evident by its participation in monthly forum chats on CaliberForums.com to update fanboys on the progress of its projects. Currently, the team has the Caliber SRT-4 on its plate, and the focus of the most recent chat session centered around the car's impending arrival. The SRT team revealed that Dodge's 300-horsepower "economy" car will be a normal 2008 model year car, which means it will arrive "as the leaves change colors", according to one engineer. Unfortunately, the on-sale date can't be pinned down to a specific day this far out, so we'll have to be satisfied with an autumnal arrival. We're very eager for someone to get their hands on an SRT-4 to see how Dodge handles the torque steer issues with routing 300 horsepower through the front wheels. But for now, we wait.

found it on autoblog, I would post the link but the forum says I need more posts to do so

·
Registered
728 Posts
If it is going to be released as a 'regular 2008' model, then technically it could be out any day now.

We already have tons of 2008 Avengers on the lot here in Windsor... don't see why the Caliber can't still make a spring/summer debut.

·
Registered
340 Posts
When the leaves turn brown will be fine, it's already starting to show signs of spring. It would be perfect for a fall release so we can drive a 300 HP FWD vehicle in the snow and see how well it handles!

I rarely used my foot brake around corners with my Neon. Hand brake it all the way!! 300 HP will just make it all the better. And by fall my 07 Sebring will still be a fresh trade, I might actually get a decent dollar for it.

If they have reasons NOT to release it until then let's trust them and allow them to give us the best possible package they can. Most of us here seem to be MOPAR faithful and will wait as long as necessary. Those that sway to the dark side and buy other cars will feel the FORCE soon enough!!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
i heard some time in the months that start with a j...

·
Registered
39 Posts
OrangeRT said:
And by fall my 07 Sebring will still be a fresh trade, I might actually get a decent dollar for it.
I hope you do get a good price for it.... but most anybody who has a car less than 3 years old will be upside down on the trade-in value. nobody will buy a used car with 10,000 miles on it for $2000 less than a shiny new one right next to it

i was thinking about trading my claiber for the srt4 version but a dealership told me this information. of course they were more than happy to try to make the deal but i'd be throwing thousands of dollars out the window for them.

it might be worth it though :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
All depends on how much of a down payment you had and your finance options. Up until I bought my Caliber, I never had a car loan longer than 36 months. And next year I will be looking to re-finance for a shorter term on the Caliber.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got so much off of the Sebring it was ridiculous!!! They gave me $1500 because we own a Caliber, plus $500 dealer cash, plus $500 car show allowance, plus they took off $1800 because I was a serious buyer ( I was being a real jerk at the dealer, and had cash in hand to buy).

So...... List $21400 - 4300 = 17100 AND then minus my trade and downpayment. Stupid cheap money, trust me!!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
if they were smart, they would have the damn thing out in time to do some featured vehicles at SEMA through various aftermarket manufacturers. I know myself, i have 3 lined up already to work on the SRT when i get it... now all they have to do is release the damn thing already. Im getting super impatient, dodge is pissing me off grrrrr

·
Registered
644 Posts
devxmosh said:
I hope you do get a good price for it.... but most anybody who has a car less than 3 years old will be upside down on the trade-in value. nobody will buy a used car with 10,000 miles on it for $2000 less than a shiny new one right next to it

i was thinking about trading my claiber for the srt4 version but a dealership told me this information. of course they were more than happy to try to make the deal but i'd be throwing thousands of dollars out the window for them.

it might be worth it though :)
did you back hand the moron dealer you went to and exlpain to them that there are several cars on the market right now that are selling for more used, then a brand new one. (ie: scion xB... ive also seen a few RT calibers out here go for more then dealer price due to supply and demand)
I bought my cali for 20855, loaded + extended warrentee... i currently owe less then 20k, so I shouldnt see a problem getting ATLEAST payoff for the caliber i currently own... especially if im trading it in at the same dealer to buy the SRT.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here in Ohio I checked some prices on the Scion and they are NOT selling for above list. The R/T Calibers (as much as I wish) are not selling for above list. It all depends on the region you are in.

New cars here in Ohio are discounted VERY heavily, especially Cleveland because according to our Government we rank as the top three "poorest cities" in America.

But the topic of "when the hell will it be out" is getting displaced. I still stand by the fact of "let them introduce it when they are ready". They know what they are doing, and I am ready to buy one when the timing is right!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
My girlfriend's 2005 honda civic hybrid has a KBB list price over what she paid. We were both suprised when we looked it up.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Ironside said:
If it is going to be released as a 'regular 2008' model, then technically it could be out any day now.

We already have tons of 2008 Avengers on the lot here in Windsor... don't see why the Caliber can't still make a spring/summer debut.
The Avenger's were an early '08 model year release, production started last December.

2008 model production startup for the Caliber/Compass/Patriot is July 23rd. SRT production will probably start sometime in August, first batch should hit dealers in September.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts