Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car was shipped on the 21st of last month, and the dealer said it would be a week to two weeks, sooo I'm so excited and 2 weeks pass and still no car. So I phone the dealer and they say "we don't know where it is and can't locate it at all, It was supposed to be here on monday" So at this point I'm like how the hell do you lose a car? They honestly had no Idea. Finally last Saturday I went in to the dealer and said I want to know where my car is because at this point its almost been a month since the ship to dealer date. The dealer tells me that my car has bee randomley pulled of the truck for a quality control inspection in windsor. Is this B.S. or are they telling the truth? either way they told me it will be here this week without a doubt..
I am slowly losing interest in this buying a new car thing and am tempted to move on to something else if it doesn't come in this week:mad:
thanks for listening

·
Registered
135 Posts
OK, this is EXACTLY what happened to me! The car was ON the lot! We may be a little different in the fact that I didn't order mine but I picked it out off of the sheets that they had. The dealerships were only allowed to order so many and the rest they had to take out of the "pool" of ones the Dodge pre-made. I didn't want to wait the three months or so so I picked it out off of the sheets the factory faxes to the dealer so they know what to expect. Here is the difference. If you order it it has your name on it at the factory. If a car isn't ordered specifically by a person they sometimes change things on the car. In my case it was the color. Here we were watching for a Marine Blue and a Black one with my VIN is sitting on the lot. It took them 3 weeks to figure that one out. (Actually it sold way before that but...) Just have them look into this. Plus they are holding all cars for inspection that don't have names on them so I hear right now due to some Compass parts ending up on the Caliber line. I hope you hear something soon...Tell them to dealer locate you one. Maybe they can find the same or close to same car. If you have your heart set on say a Sunroof and they can't find one though...DON'T SETTLE!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Dodgy said:
So my car was shipped on the 21st of last month, and the dealer said it would be a week to two weeks, sooo I'm so excited and 2 weeks pass and still no car. So I phone the dealer and they say "we don't know where it is and can't locate it at all, It was supposed to be here on monday" So at this point I'm like how the hell do you lose a car? They honestly had no Idea. Finally last Saturday I went in to the dealer and said I want to know where my car is because at this point its almost been a month since the ship to dealer date. The dealer tells me that my car has bee randomley pulled of the truck for a quality control inspection in windsor. Is this B.S. or are they telling the truth? either way they told me it will be here this week without a doubt..
I am slowly losing interest in this buying a new car thing and am tempted to move on to something else if it doesn't come in this week:mad:
thanks for listening
Well here we go again are you sure your not my lost twin,
I was told exactly the same thing today when I called the dealer
and he did a transit inquiry (I was on the phone,he could have been
picking his nose for all I know) he said it's in Windsor transit
inspection.
You call it,could be BS or standardized put off.
Still waiting in Burlington!!!!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Windsor does have a transit inspection station for incoming vehicles. Probably is truthfull.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting, people getting the same story as me makes me wonder if it is true aor a standard b.s. story they read from a card?.... oh well gonna give it till friday. thanks for the insight though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts