Dodge Caliber Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible for me to swap a srt4 engine in my 09 caliber sxt, and if so, what would i need to change/add and does a nsrt4 engine fit inside of a caliber ? Thank you . (yes im a nub, isnt this how you learn ?:( )

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This topics about me wanting advice on wanting to swap my engine for an srt4 engine not on me quitting weed. and no i will not stop "doing drugs"

·
Registered
458 Posts
This topics about me wanting advice on wanting to swap my engine for an srt4 engine not on me quitting weed. and no i will not stop "doing drugs"
tisk tisk:read:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
If you're asking, its because you cant do it yourself. You would need to replace the engine, transmission,turbo,entire exhaust, intake, remove the entire bumper to add an intercooler, then quite possibly the stock bumper wouldn't fit anymore, axles,hub/bearing, PCM, shift cables, shifter, clutch, engine mounts, perhaps some suspension components, instrument cluster, boost gauge, a lot of wiring for the turbo.

The cost of the engine(without turbo) and transmission alone will probably run you at least 5000$ just in parts.

Have fun :bigthumb:

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
If you're asking, its because you cant do it yourself. You would need to replace the engine, transmission,turbo,entire exhaust, intake, remove the entire bumper to add an intercooler, then quite possibly the stock bumper wouldn't fit anymore, axles,hub/bearing, PCM, shift cables, shifter, clutch, engine mounts, perhaps some suspension components, instrument cluster, boost gauge, a lot of wiring for the turbo.

The cost of the engine(without turbo) and transmission alone will probably run you at least 5000$ just in parts.

Well said. :jester:

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Would be a complete gross waste of time and money. Sell your car and go buy a CSRT-4. It will be cheaper.

sell your sxt, and go buy a csrt...it will be less of a headache

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i <3 stupid ppl ... they make great entertainment

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Woah I can't believe I missed this...

You guys need to learn to play nice :nono:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts