Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front License Plate Idea - Photoshop request

Could somebody with better photoshopping skills than myself do a chop of a Caliber with a Front plate mounted evo style? (you know with the front plate mounted offset to the driver’s side) I want to see what this would look like. Or if anybody has already done this or has been waiting for an excuse to do this, post pics? I’ll try and post a pic of what I was able to do shortly
Thanks:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I took silverfox's picture, hope he doesnt mind:D As you can tell i used microsoft paint to do the edit.
this is a quick idea of what i had in mind...anybody do any better? or even good idea/bad idea? May be a job for suzq044!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Why would you want it mounted off to the side like that? Looks better centered. I wish they wouldn't have even installed one on mine but no choice in California
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Not a very good picture but I zip-tied my plate to the front port-side (I made sure that the dealer did NOT drill for that ugly centered mount):
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
front plates = blah... they serve no purpose except making the car look like 'ish
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
I think I'll keep my original placement. I prefer the centered look. Caliber4.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
I don't mind the center placement for my front plate:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Darren07RT said:
front plates = blah... they serve no purpose except making the car look like 'ish
There is another purpose for the front plates over here in Germany - the police needs them :rolleyes:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
I like the center placement, also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
GOT said:
Not a very good picture but I zip-tied my plate to the front port-side (I made sure that the dealer did NOT drill for that ugly centered mount):
Honestly I prefer the center mount to what you have done... But to each his own.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOT said:
Not a very good picture but I zip-tied my plate to the front port-side (I made sure that the dealer did NOT drill for that ugly centered mount):
Exactly, when I get mine I'm telling them to NOT drill into my bumper for the center mount. I love the evo look of it being off to the left
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
just a random question here.. why do people insist on using JDM styles on american vehicles? .. not exactly original. lol -- o well. whatever floats yer boat i guess... in the US in general, we're running out of imagination i think.. and it sucks :( we play it too safe here, have too many rules/regulations... especially in california when it comes to cars.. too damn afraid to do anything different.. afraid of some criticisms, so we end up being as bland as imports are... [i think thats why the muscle-cars got popular again, because they're different from the acura/corolla/civic that everyone has] we end up doing the same thing over and over again.. becoming the ideal rental cars.. lol.. I'm not going to go any further into that rant, but f*ck.. i hate it here sometimes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
suzq044 said:
just a random question here.. why do people insist on using JDM styles on american vehicles? .. not exactly original. lol -- o well. whatever floats yer boat i guess... in the US in general, we're running out of imagination i think.. and it sucks :( we play it too safe here, have too many rules/regulations... especially in california when it comes to cars.. too damn afraid to do anything different.. afraid of some criticisms, so we end up being as bland as imports are... [i think thats why the muscle-cars got popular again, because they're different from the acura/corolla/civic that everyone has] we end up doing the same thing over and over again.. becoming the ideal rental cars.. lol.. I'm not going to go any further into that rant, but f*ck.. i hate it here sometimes.
i dont know wether this was about my idea or not...i do agree with you, and this is jdm style but i wanted something to set off my caliber, i didnt want to have just another front-center mounted license plate. Oh by the way in case anybody remembers this, correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the 91-95 caravan/voyager/t&c have the left plate mount before the evo did?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
Oh by the way in case anybody remembers this, correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt the 91-95 caravan/voyager/t&c have the left plate mount before the evo did?
Yes, the Caravan did have a left mounted plate in the '91-'95 timeframe. My parent's '82 Ford Fairmont had a left mounted front plate, something Ford had been doing on some of it's cards since the early '70s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
jongunz said:
Honestly I prefer the center mount to what you have done... But to each his own.
FWIW, I don't think what I did looks any better... in fact I think it looks worse. I just didn't want my front bumper drilled (and I am still working on a better solution) which I'm very happy about. I had the plate inside against the windshield at first but a state trouper pulled me over and told me to take it out (the reason he gave was that it could cause me injury if I were to get into an accident. I think he just wanted to get a better look at the Caliber:p ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,337 Posts
i have seen a few guys take a cd visor holder and mount it so the plate is visible when the visor is down. works well...cheap and legal since it can be seen from the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
boostdog said:
. . . and legal since it can be seen from the front.
Legal in some states. Other states actually require it to me mounted to the front of the vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,337 Posts
Michael K. said:
Legal in some states. Other states actually require it to me mounted to the front of the vehicle.
where? there are a few running around missouri and washington...to the thread starter call your local police dpt. and ask them if its ok.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Michael K. said:
Yes, the Caravan did have a left mounted plate in the '91-'95 timeframe. My parent's '82 Ford Fairmont had a left mounted front plate, something Ford had been doing on some of it's cards since the early '70s.
I was hoping I didnt just dream it lol, the evo just made it famous, afterall, if the evo didnt do it who would want to copy something off a caravan lol?

boostdog said:
where? there are a few running around missouri and washington...to the thread starter call your local police dpt. and ask them if its ok.
I'm in Ontario, Canada, and we have to have our front plates, although i have seen a bunch without, but i really dont want any excuse for an officer to pull me over...

Again, I like the evo mount, and wanted to do something different to my Caliber when i get it
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top