Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just curious, why would you want to muck up your front end with an ugly plate and mount? The only reason mine is on there because it's California law, and the dealer made 4 nice big screw holes putting it in :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trythisonforsize said:
Just curious, why would you want to muck up your front end with an ugly plate and mount? The only reason mine is on there because it's California law, and the dealer made 4 nice big screw holes putting it in :(
So I can put a big fat Georgia Bulldogs tag in it..why else? I've seen mounts a lot worse looking than the one for the Caliber.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
i love those of us who have to have front plates would do anything to get rid of them and people who dont have to have them want them to show team spirit or whatever. I know its all personal opinion so im not trying to pick on anybody with this:D - heck if i didnt have one id probably want one myself lol - but we have to have them so i want to get rid of it

·
Registered
687 Posts
When we bought our van the dealer mistakenly thought we lived in WI rather than IL and therefore never mounted the front plate. It's been about seven months now and my wife has received two tickets in the van but never yet been asked about the shy front plate. I wish I would have asked the dealer to leave it off of my Caliber when I bought it. Oh well!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine came with the front plate kit in a plastic bag in the rear where it still resides (sometimes migrates to the other side when I turn quick). This jurisdiction does not require a front plate any longer but they put it in the vehicle ready to install if owner wished.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts