Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know where I can pick up front splash guards for my caliber, I know the dealer doesnt carry them, but i was wondering if there were any aftermarket shops that have started carrying them lately.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
J-dog3 said:
Anyone out there know where I can pick up front splash guards for my caliber, I know the dealer doesnt carry them, but i was wondering if there were any aftermarket shops that have started carrying them lately.
soory but they dont exist yet :D ,cheers thomas

·
Registered
154 Posts
Why can't you install the rear flaps on the front? If there is no reason I will try. I don't see a rub issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey .38, let us all know how it goes and post pics so the rest of us can see how it works out.

·
Registered
343 Posts
With some custom cutting and re-work I'm sure they would fit.

I ordered 2 sets, and they don't fit on the front at all. The way they are cut and the tab mounts don't fit. Luckly my roomates co-worker had an SE and bought the set off me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
J-dog3 said:
Hey .38, let us all know how it goes and post pics so the rest of us can see how it works out.
I picked up a set of the rears today. I will try to make them fit the front this weekend. If it works I'll post pics and a walk thru, if not I'll put them on the back and keep looking :rolleyes:

Actually if it doesn't work out I may just try Bowie's plan from this thread:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bowies flaps do look pimp, but I think it will only work for the red Cali.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Update:

I tried for a few hours to get it to fit and I didn't find any positions that I felt were good enough that I could go ahead and start making mounting holes, I didn't cut the flaps either because it just seemed that I would not get them cut to fit niceley and still look good. I'm just going to put them on the back and wait and see about the front for now.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Has anyone tried the Jeep Compass MFs on their Caliber? It was posted in the linked thread that jeep made all four... Just wondering if they are worth getting in the meantime (while Dodge get's their A$$ in gear and makes some available)...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old post but if anyone is STILL looking for front slash guards, I've found some that will fit on a Caliber. They're actually from Chrysler. I've also found a pretty decent set for the rear.

Front Part#: 82203875
Rear Part#: 82203865

The rear splash guards say Dodge in chrome lettering. The fronts don't have any lettering and are slightly shorter so they don't rub on anything. These are generic Dodge splash guards and aren't specifically made to fit on a Caliber, but they will fit. The dealer I got them from puts them on every Caliber they sell and they look really good. I actually like the rear splash guards better than the ones you can buy specifically for the Caliber. I bought all 4 for $30 total. $30 is what you pay for just the rear if you buy the regular rear Caliber splash guards.

I just thought I'd mention this. If you do a google search and put those numbers in you will get some results as to where you can buy them. You can also take that part number to your dealer and they can order them for you. Like I said before I paid $15/pair so thats $30 for the front and back.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The rear belongs to Avenger (hence the Dodge lettering) wihile the front are from PT.
I wonder if the rear (with lettering) will fit to the front of cali.
Not coz i like the letters but because are longer and protect better.

Could you post pictures of them installed and short description on how did you installl them?

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Sorry to dig up an old post but if anyone is STILL looking for front slash guards, I've found some that will fit on a Caliber. They're actually from Chrysler. I've also found a pretty decent set for the rear.

The rear splash guards say Dodge in chrome lettering. The fronts don't have any lettering and are slightly shorter so they don't rub on anything. These are generic Dodge splash guards and aren't specifically made to fit on a Caliber, but they will fit. The dealer I got them from puts them on every Caliber they sell and they look really good. I actually like the rear splash guards better than the ones you can buy specifically for the Caliber. I bought all 4 for $30 total. $30 is what you pay for just the rear if you buy the regular rear Caliber splash guards.

I just thought I'd mention this. If you do a google search and put those numbers in you will get some results as to where you can buy them. You can also take that part number to your dealer and they can order them for you. Like I said before I paid $15/pair so thats $30 for the front and back.

Good find! here they are:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Those are exactly the ones I got for my new Caliber R/T. Like I said, I know they fit because the dealer I bought them from puts them on new Calibers all the time.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Kriss13 said:
The rear belongs to Avenger (hence the Dodge lettering) wihile the front are from PT.
I wonder if the rear (with lettering) will fit to the front of cali.
Not coz i like the letters but because are longer and protect better.

Could you post pictures of them installed and short description on how did you installl them?

These have been out long before the Avenger. They're generic MOPAR splash guards. They don't belong to any particular vehicle. They don't even say on the sticker that they belong to a particular Chrysler vehicle. They do fit and fit good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Would be a prob to fit the ones with dodge letering on both rear and front of the car?
Any of you have pictures with them installed?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The ones with the lettering are too long to go on the front according to the guy I that sold me the splash guards for my Caliber. So you have to use the shorter ones on the front with no lettering one them.

The lettering ones only fit on the rear....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts