Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT that my mom bought back in 2009. It has about 109k km so it's not driven a whole bunch but just like most dodge calibers this one also has rust issues on the front crossmember. Given how little km is on this vehicle, would it be worth it to replace the front crossmember? I really don't have the time to be looking for new cars and selling this one and I need this car to get to and from work. What should I do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT that my mom bought back in 2009. It has about 109k km so it's not driven a whole bunch but just like most dodge calibers this one also has rust issues on the front crossmember. Given how little km is on this vehicle, would it be worth it to replace the front crossmember? I really don't have the time to be looking for new cars and selling this one and I need this car to get to and from work. What should I do?
Car washes are the best thing to do to this vehicle (or any vehicle) that is driven in salt. My rocker panels on my 08 R/T rusted out, I have one replaced with the other left that is pretty far rusted into the occupant area. There is a TSB on Caliber's for the front/rear subframe rusting out that should be replaced for free. I assume you're not in the USA, if you aren't I'm not sure how to go about getting this done.

I'll attached the TSB to this so you can take a look at it. 2007 DODGE CALIBER 4 DR FWD/AWD | NHTSA

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts