Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else think their front windshield wipers sucked? I was in the dealer for some other work and he was looking up trying to see if he could find any information on the rear washer leaking and he said the only thing similar in there was a problem with the front wipers streaking. I told him that was funny because I thought they sucked and I was going to buy replacements. He said it recommended cleaning them with alcohol and if that didn't help it said to replace them. Since I had already tried cleaning them he ordered me new ones for me and they are much better :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hmm? I haven't had any problems with mine. Good to know though. The caliber blades are actually the best I have had in awhile.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I swear by the 'hingeless" Reflex wipers that Canadian Tire sells. They are the best in winter and have never failed me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I haven't had any issues with mine except for several bug suicide smears. I have had a long hatred for windshield wipers though. The Dodge ones aren't that bad but the ones on my wifes Honda just plain suck. Maybe I expect to much though.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^ No problems here either. Wipers fall under the normal wear and tear replacements for me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Anyone thinking of replacing their wiper blades should note that the drivers side is 7" longer than the passengers side.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Haven't had any concerns at all with mine. They are used often to remove ocean "salt spray" as well as "road slop" and other usual tasks - and perform about the best I've ever had.

I bought my Caliber the day after it was loaded off the truck, about 3 months ago, have had mostly hot and humid conditions through this period, and the wipers are the originals and still function like new.

Perhaps the differing results for various folks is from differing batches of blades (or perhaps a change in vendor suppliers during production runs), some blades may have been stored "in inventory" for awhile, etc...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am glad some of you are not having this problem… For anyone that is here is the TSB information.

TSB# 23-014-06 Windshield Wiper Blade/Element Maintenance

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wiper blades are only good for 6 months. Then they should be replaced. Buy Bosch blades, they rock.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
mistermario said:
Did anyone else think their front windshield wipers sucked?
You mean wiper blades are supposed to work? :p I've never had wiper blades work good so I don't even pay attention. Will have to see how they work...

·
Registered
131 Posts
The other thing I did that also helps. The first thing I did when I got my Cali, was to apply a good treatment of Aquapel on a virgin windshield. I don't have to use my wipers as often and when I do, it helps to minimize the wiping action.

·
Registered
162 Posts
karenh56 said:
The other thing I did that also helps. The first thing I did when I got my Cali, was to apply a good treatment of Aquapel on a virgin windshield. I don't have to use my wipers as often and when I do, it helps to minimize the wiping action.
I also am a firm believer in those products. I find that they help increase the life of the blades and they also keep my wife from getting pissed at the wiper noise!:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
mistermario said:
I am glad some of you are not having this problem… For anyone that is here is the TSB information.

TSB# 23-014-06 Windshield Wiper Blade/Element Maintenance
So what does this mean?

That if I have the streaking problem, and go to my dealer with this TSB # that they will fix it? Will they replace my wipers? For free?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GOT said:
You mean wiper blades are supposed to work? :p I've never had wiper blades work good so I don't even pay attention. Will have to see how they work...
The old ones worked ok minus the streaking which happened mostly on the passenger side but now they work great:) I survived our lovely rain storms this week without any complaints. I also bought RainX yesterday so I will give that a try.

katiescaliber said:
So what does this mean?

That if I have the streaking problem, and go to my dealer with this TSB # that they will fix it? Will they replace my wipers? For free?
That is what they did for me:) Technically they are supposed to attempt cleaning them twice before replacing them but I had tried several times myself before I got there. I didn't even ask or complain about them until he brought it up. I was just going to replace them myself.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
mistermario said:
The old ones worked ok minus the streaking which happened mostly on the passenger side but now they work great:) I survived our lovely rain storms this week without any complaints. I also bought RainX yesterday so I will give that a try.

That is what they did for me:) Technically they are supposed to attempt cleaning them twice before replacing them but I had tried several times myself before I got there. I didn't even ask or complain about them until he brought it up. I was just going to replace them myself.
man i wish i had a dealer that would OFFER to do warranty work for me instead of me having to force it down their throat lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wipers have been great soo far for me. Also it seems that the dealership or factory left a rainx like film on the glass. Water beeds off better than i had ever seen.

·
Registered
687 Posts
My passenger side is bad too. I never would have thought there would be a TSB# out for that but glad there is so I can bring it to the dealers attention.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah,

Our wipers suck, of course the weather here in Germany is so back and forth, it's hard to maintain wipers for a long time, might as well plan on replacing every 4-6 months.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts