Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....well today it will be 8 weeks since I ORDERED my Red SXT. I have a VON...but thats it. The dealer that I ordered my car through we have dealt with for Years so didnt ask for a deposit...nor did we write a contract. Heres why I'm so frustrated. At the time I ordered my car he offered me 11,000 for my trade. 6 weeks after I ordered the car he said my trade was now 10,500. Now 8 weeks into my order my trade its worth about 8,000!!!!!!!! Understand why I'm so frustrated. I stayed with my order because it was the color I wanted and I added cruise control and didnt want to lose the $500.00 rebate they offered me plus I knew what I wanted to spend. Now 8 weeks later, I have no car, and have lost about $3,000.00!!!!! I'm so angry! But I still want my car :(...by the time my car comes in...I think my car will be worth NOTHING and they will be tacking on ALOT of money to my new car, making my payment more than I can afford...where I will not be able to have it....UGHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thats why I'm glad I signed a contract. They have to give me what they quoted for my car, even 12 weeks later.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did anybody hear your deal? In Finland the contract (oral or written) are both legal in court. If you don't have written contract and nobody heard your agreement maybe you should withdraw from this deal. It's up to you :confused:

·
Registered
153 Posts
That sucks since you are already 8 weeks into the deal. You could go to another dealer and make a better deal, but then you start all over with ordering the vehicle.

Maybe this extra time will allow you to sell your existing vehicle yourself and make up the difference that way. You may even come out ahead by selling it yourself.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FtK Shadow said:
That sucks since you are already 8 weeks into the deal. You could go to another dealer and make a better deal, but then you start all over with ordering the vehicle.

Maybe this extra time will allow you to sell your existing vehicle yourself and make up the difference that way. You may even come out ahead by selling it yourself.

Good Luck

Mike
I have tried to sell my car for the past 8 weeks and have spent money on advertising and all...there are just to many sebring convertibles in my area. I will continue to make my payment...but I think I will lose on this deal. I learned a lesson...thats for sure...I guess we learn through our mistakes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That sucks, By Dodge not being able to keep up with demand, they will lose people that have situations like yours. I ordered one on June 6th and hope to get it by September, for me, it just means I have more time to save for the down payment.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FtK Shadow said:
That sucks, By Dodge not being able to keep up with demand, they will lose people that have situations like yours. I ordered one on June 6th and hope to get it by September, for me, it just means I have more time to save for the down payment.

Good Luck

Mike
It is sad...we are a dodge family. We have had dodges forever. I had a durango before my sebring and I LOVED it. Just gas prices got to high and I needed something a little better on fuel, tried the Sebring...and went back to a Dodge. My husband still has his 1989 Dodge Dakota in MINT condition he has turned into a show truck. He just traded his Dodge Ram for a Dodge Charger. We have truely stuck by dodge. Now...........I dont know...the Mazda 3 looked awful nice today :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Tigerr said:
Thats why I'm glad I signed a contract. They have to give me what they quoted for my car, even 12 weeks later.
You said it! I'm guaranteed $10,510 for my Stratus R/T Coupe no matter how long it takes. I've put around 3200 miles on my car since I ordered my Caliber on May 1st. So now instead of me losing out, the dealer loses out. I'm surprised they haven't given me something off their used car lot for me to drive to keep the miles off on my car while my Caliber gets built. You should have signed a contract. Only you can back out of it once both you and the salesman sign the contract. The dealer cannot back out (unless they have some funny fine print).

·
Registered
64 Posts
It reminds me of when I ordered my PT back in 2000. they supplied the rental joints and fleet cars first. then 6 months later my PT was delivered
mike

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But I dont wanna Cancel :( I WANT MY CAR :( I just want things done fairly. Its not my fault I have to wait for the order. Dodge should do right for me for waiting so long and for my car depreciating in value. I really dont think I will cancel...this really is a GREAT dealer...and I trust him dearly...I just pray this time isnt different then the rest and he will be good to me. He knows my feelings with the car depreciating....so...I guess we'll see....

·
Registered
911 Posts
Like I posted there...my contract states that I can terminate it only after 30 days. It says nothing about the dealer being able to terminate it. Not all contracts are the same with every dealer.

Also remember that a dealer/customer cannot cancel a car once its in D status. The car has to be built, and built according to the specs in the computer which also cannot be changed.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Redspeedwagon:

·
Registered
911 Posts
RedSpeedwagon:

The dealer can't tell you the status of your car? They should be able to tell you that its either in BA, BX, or D status. You better hope its in D status, or else you'll probably have quite a wait still. I've been in D status for 4+ weeks. So if its not in D status, then expect at least another 4 weeks of waiting.

·
Registered
153 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
It is sad...we are a dodge family. We have had dodges forever. I had a durango before my sebring and I LOVED it. Just gas prices got to high and I needed something a little better on fuel, tried the Sebring...and went back to a Dodge. My husband still has his 1989 Dodge Dakota in MINT condition he has turned into a show truck. He just traded his Dodge Ram for a Dodge Charger. We have truely stuck by dodge. Now...........I dont know...the Mazda 3 looked awful nice today :)
A friend of mine bought a Mazda 3 and I think the 3 stands for how many transmissions it goes through each year. He has had the transmission replaced 3 times in less than 1 year. I will stick with my Caliber on order. Our family is the same way. My wife has a 2000 Dakota Quad Cab, I have a 2003 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, and I purchase only Dodge Dakotas for my business.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another thing thats holding me back about selling my car outright is I NEED A CAR! School will be starting here very soon and my kids need to be driven back and forth to school...not to mention after school activities and sports. this all starts Tomorrow (Monday) If I sell my car I dont know how long it will be before I have one to drive...then what????? So again I cant win....

·
Registered
384 Posts
That really sucks. But to make it worse- you also won't get the rebate anymore. Without a contract showing you ordered the car when the rebate was being offered, Dodge won't authorize the rebate to you. I'm so sorry, it really does suck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
katiescaliber said:
That really sucks. But to make it worse- you also won't get the rebate anymore. Without a contract showing you ordered the car when the rebate was being offered, Dodge won't authorize the rebate to you. I'm so sorry, it really does suck!

No I will get the rebate because they have had SEVERAL calibers in stock and he keeps telling me to wait so I dont lose the rebate. So I will still get the rebate. I dont think he will stiff me...I like the guy and trust him. We have sent sooooooooooooo many people to him because of his honesty and all. They are a GREAT dealership. I just hope he sticks to his word...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts