Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good article. I don't own one, but have test driven several, and I don't consider it to be a slow car...granted, not as quick as my Neon, but I haven't driven a 5 speed yet to compare apples to apples. When I find one on a lot to test, I will

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oh snap - the guy calls it a station wagon .... hehe. I think it's almost comical how the two "drugged up hippie couple" writers from Detroit just blast the 30mpg as being inefficient .... while this guy thinks 23/26 is "easy on the gas." Wacky.

I'm glad this guy actually drove the car and the only serious thing he found wrong was wind buffetting with the windows down. Does anyone hear actually have a car that doesn't get loud at highway speeds with the windows open?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think its funny that he called the glove box a refrigerator. But then admitted that it just help keep drinks cool. I think the fact that its kept in a dark space is just as effective. Which means that any car with a glove box has a refrigerator. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
The Chill-Zone would be better if it had a means of staying on while the vehicle was not running. More of a Thermoelectric cooler, than one that uses the A/C air. That would be neat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just don't agree with what he said about the Caliber being pokey. One, it's like others here have said, after the break-in period and a person learns how to drive a car with no gears, it's a peppy little CUV. Even before the break-in period was over, I was able to pass cars on the highway with little effort. Heck, that's how I got my speeding ticket in it; I was just passing and barely pressed down the gas pedal and it just went and I hit 61 or more without even realizing it. Also, like others on here have said, when taking off from a complete stop, you get better acceleration if you don't put the pedal to the floor right away. Aside from those things, his review seemed right on. And yeah, I agree, no car is quiet with the windows down on the highway.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can't say I agree with the car being slow either. Mine actually seems better than the ones I test drove when it comes to speeding up from a stop. Stomping on the gas makes it go fast enough to knock my head off the head rest and send my cell phone flying out of the CD storage under the radio into the back seat :|

1 - 7 of 7 Posts