Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I got to looking around my Caliber today and noticed the donut style spare. Is it possible to fit a full size under there like in the Patriots and Compasses? I'd prefer having an actual tire instead of a half *** Mickey Mouse sort of thing like that. So, can a full size spare be fit?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
CoriolisSTORM said:
Alright guys, I got to looking around my Caliber today and noticed the donut style spare. Is it possible to fit a full size under there like in the Patriots and Compasses? I'd prefer having an actual tire instead of a half *** Mickey Mouse sort of thing like that. So, can a full size spare be fit?
i have a fullsize spare i think we all have ????

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yeah i have the donut as well. Its the same diameter but very thin to fit in the sump area. I dont think a full size will fit due to width though. It would be really nice to have a 5th matching wheel/tire.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The 215-60-17" tire is 21cm wide and the DONUT spare is a 155-90-16" which is only about 8 cm wide and it's flush with the cover so I doubt the full size will fit.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Dang!! My MSRP sticker clearly states Full Sized Spare Tire. Guess they lied.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Huff said:
Dang!! My MSRP sticker clearly states Full Sized Spare Tire. Guess they lied.
It is a play on words I am guessing, while the size is the same in diameter is the same the width is not so in an advertising world you can say a "full size spare" vs the older cars that had the space saver which was several inches smaller in height and width.

Maybe IBUILDCALIBERS can tune us into the info regarding spare tire tub depths Compass VS Calibers??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts