Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
..... If your stripping your drain plug your tightening it too much. If your getting it on your hands you need to work on your technique. To me that adds complication and possible leakage to something thats pretty damn importaint.
I can see that clipping road debris and screwing everything up when otherwise it woulda been a scratch on the pan, or the little lever rusting up, or it some how opening when your driving along.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
huh...cool...but ya i would be weary.. i have had no issues getting any oil on my hands and using a wrench to open the drain.... really kind of a waste of $ seeing as you have to jack the car up anyway. crawl undernieth and open. just my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used the sure drain on my old echo. It was decent. I would have much rather had the fumoto though. It doesn't hang any lower than the suredrain does (c'mon now, it's not 16 feet long or something) and it's a hell of a lot easier than that damn hose thing you have to use with the fram.

And honestly, if what you're worried about is sheering it off your car because you bottomed out (when it "would have just been a dent to the pan"), you shoudln't be. If you sheer that off, you would have shorn off a regular bolt. So stop offroading in a vehicle that's not designed for it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
On the Dakota, I've seen both the Fumoto valve and the sure drain installed, and the fumoto valve was noticeably longer.

·
Registered
155 Posts
silverbullet said:
Is anybody using the fumoto drain valve on the oil pan yet?
Yup, we used them on manlift engines and some forklift engines. Could be used anywhere a direct hit on the valve would not occur.Wouldn't use it on an exposed pan........:eek:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
pacerman said:
Could be used anywhere a direct hit on the valve would not occur.Wouldn't use it on an exposed pan........:eek:
That is the way it is on the Dakota oil pan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts