Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, I'm at the store and this guy comes in and asks me, "that your dodge out there"? I tell him it is and explain all about the caliber. He was drooling over the thing. It made me feel good. Then last night, I'm on my way home and I pull up to a stop light and there's a crossfire sitting next to me at the light. I'm right in the middle of telling my girlfriend how much I love that car and he starts telling me to roll the window down. I roll it down and the guy starts gushing about how much he loves the caliber. Now I love my caliber and have no desire to get rid of it but at the moment I had half a mind to offer the guy a striaght up trade (yeah right). Unfortunately the light turned green and we had to go. As we pulled away, the guy was still telling me how much he loved my car. Twice in one day...made me feel great. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The same thing happens to me especially when I drive with the windows down people seem to feel the need to talk to me about it at the lights. I even had one girl tell me she really liked it and she asked me if it had a Hemi in it :D :D :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, it always feels great to have someone compliment your wheels! I got a really good one for you. I had taken my mother and sister to Ocean City yesterday, and we were riding down the strip, about to make a U-turn. I noticed a black caliber in the lane next to the left turn, with a couple of cuties sitting in it!!!! I noticed as I made the turn that they were either eyeying me or the car up, so i thew up a wave. They waved back!!! Man, that was cool! It's the little things in life, isn't it?:cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
You mean having this car might attract ladies? I did hear that the "manly" man was in again, maybe the car is macho enough to be a chick magnet. BONUS! (I need all the bonus points I can get) lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Deb goes nuts when I'm driving her Cali, It is a Chick magnet. makes this middle aged old fart feel great,lol.
I also had a guy ask me if it had a Hemi. Never had them ask if my PT has a Hemi

·
Registered
384 Posts
Last weekend I had two people stop me to ask about it in one day. And 1 guy yesterday did too. I've had countless girls say that it is cute... ;) Because it is!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I work for a parking company and my car is parked right up by me all day. You wouldn't believe the number of people that stop and look in it and make comments about it. I had one guy who was practically inside it (I had the windows down) at one point so of course I spoke up with a "Do you like it?" The next 20 minutes where me showing him the car and a its little "tricks." Another guy even thanked me later because he said I had helped him convince his wife to ditch the minivan for one :) I love it! I know my dealer has 2 customers waiting on them due to me...that means they make a car payment for me :) Wahoo! Just think, I have only had mine for a 10 days!

·
Registered
901 Posts
The other day at work someone in another building came up to my cube to ask about my car.... he had been into my dealership about the Caliber, and happened to get my salesman, who referred him to me!!! (Isn't that a funny turn-around!)

We talked for a bit, then I told him about this forum (*wonderful resource!!*). He said I know more about this car than the dealers. I do believe I sold him a Caliber. Too bad he wants to work w/ another dealership. Maybe I can still get a referral bonus anyway??

·
Registered
187 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
The other day at work someone in another building came up to my cube to ask about my car.... he had been into my dealership about the Caliber, and happened to get my salesman, who referred him to me!!!
Kathy, are you not alarmed that your salesman told a stranger where you work? Your salesman was WAY out of line giving a stranger your contact information. Sure, you're flattered and I can understand that. We can look back and see that, this time, that stranger didn't have bad intentions. But, please think about it, are you OK with your salesman telling strangers where you work? I'm sorry to be an alarmist, but I'm concerned for you. Please, PLEASE tell your salesman that he's breaking laws handing out your information. If he wants you to evangelize the Caliber, then he's to call you first and let you contact his propective buyer on your own terms, should you decide to do so.

·
Registered
901 Posts
donsmith said:
Kathy, are you not alarmed that your salesman told a stranger where you work? Your salesman was WAY out of line giving a stranger your contact information. Sure, you're flattered and I can understand that. We can look back and see that, this time, that stranger didn't have bad intentions. But, please think about it, are you OK with your salesman telling strangers where you work? I'm sorry to be an alarmist, but I'm concerned for you. Please, PLEASE tell your salesman that he's breaking laws handing out your information. If he wants you to evangelize the Caliber, then he's to call you first and let you contact his propective buyer on your own terms, should you decide to do so.
Yikes I see your point, thanks!! BUT it wasn't a stranger. It's a work colleague who knows me. That's why he was able to come to my desk.
(I may be the only "Kathy" at my work.... and what I do is pretty visible, so my last name isn't even needed in most cases to know who I am.)

Now if I had gotten a phone call out of the blue, or the security guard saying "someone here to see you", OMG for sure I'd be freaked out, fuming mad, and taking action with the dealership's management!!

(Hmmm I might give my salesman a call anyway. Or at least talk to my colleague again. I'm kind of curious how my name even came up. Maybe our company name was mentioned, and my salesman asked the guy if he knew me.... sales guy *IS* chatty like that, but he *could* have been more discreet.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts