Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a major dip in gas mileage after having recall F29 done to their Caliber? The best I have seen from my SE with CVT and the 2.0 engine after having this done is 25.6. Before taking it in for the recall I saw as much as 28.5 mpg.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm almost due for my third oil change, and the silly little dealer I bought my R/T from still doesn't have the proper software for the F29 update. I have read elsewhere that F29 can lower your MPG, so I'm not in a big hurry to have it done. I'm kinda expecting next week or so when I'm there for oil, they still won't be ready for me :cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I haven't noticed much change... 2.0 with CVT here as well. I've been getting around 26 farily consistantly since it was new.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had my recall done in early August, and haven't noticed any change in my mpg. Still can't get rid of that lead foot though!
By the way, I hate it when the IRL season ends.:(

·
Registered
118 Posts
My milage actually went up after the latest visit to the dealership. Never before was I able to get 28 or better and it is pretty consistent now. About 7000 miles on it and on the 2nd oil change.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fitz said:
By the way, I hate it when the IRL season ends.:(
Yeah, me too. It ended so early this year and I still need my fix. One of these years I am going to come down to Texas for an IRL race.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts