Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know anyways i can get out of my caliber lease without paying thousands or destroying my credit? im just now feelin the caliber anymore, just doesnt suit me or my lifestyle. i know , i know i should have gave it more thought, but you guys that own a caliber know how it is when you go to the lot and look at it. bye the way, silver r/t with gray interior and blue console and seat insert

·
Registered
86 Posts
j85 said:
anybody know anyways i can get out of my caliber lease without paying thousands or destroying my credit? im just now feelin the caliber anymore, just doesnt suit me or my lifestyle. i know , i know i should have gave it more thought, but you guys that own a caliber know how it is when you go to the lot and look at it. bye the way, silver r/t with gray interior and blue console and seat insert
Nearly impossible. Try one of those lease transfer websites.
Sorry no likey the Caliber. It's surely not for everyone.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Basically, once you sign the contract you're screwed until the lease is up. Sometimes it is possible to turn it in a little early. I know my dad did that a couple of times, but it was to buy a new Dodge vehicle and it was only like a month early.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah , from what i read the earlier you turn it in the more money it costs you, like thousands i guess. and you can give it up but when you got stellar credit like i do it will totally screw what ive been building for the past 8 years

·
Registered
683 Posts
I thought similar to buying, there is a lease payoff amount. If you pay that amount off plus the residual value plus mileage charges isn't it possible to get out of the lease at any time? Odds are a big loss but no credit hurt.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Huff said:
I thought similar to buying, there is a lease payoff amount. If you pay that amount off plus the residual value plus mileage charges isn't it possible to get out of the lease at any time? Odds are a big loss but no credit hurt.
I don't know much about your rules and regulations on the other side of the pond when it comes down to leasing, but given the excessive demand, dealers are currently having for the Caliber, even the dealer may want to buy a car back (out of a leasing contract) for a reasonable price!?
Of course there will be a certain loss, but thats quite well deserved for not thinking it over before ;)

Over here in Germany I'd simply try to sell the Caliber myself (and pay off the contract), which should work out in "no time" and without a major loss, since there are far more people who want one than cars available the next few month.

Should be possible in "the land of the free" too, shouldn't it!?

·
Registered
83 Posts
i would say the same. in austria it is a easy thing to get out of the contract.

·
Registered
357 Posts
there's always a way out, early termination. read your lease agreement. it may be easier if you choose to replace with another new Dodge through same dealer. no doubt you will come out of pocket though, try not to get upside down too far.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I traded a lease car in on a purchase just like anything else. They just pay off the remaining amount on your lease, no penalty for me. It was only a year into a 36 month lease too.

Oh and I should mention the trade was from a brand new Pontiac Grand Am GT to a 2003 Ford Mustang GT. Totally different dealers, new from used. I didn't have any issues.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not sure where you are from but in Canada we have a site called LeaseBusters.com. You can take over a lease or offer your car for takeover. I'm sure a Caliber would fly off that site.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sure, the dealer will "let you out" of your lease at any time!!
BUT unless it is during an "early lease termination" promotion, you are responsible for paying the remaining payments. No matter how many months are left. (During early termination programs, up to 4 or 5 payments are waived, depending on the terms of the program.) Or, the balance could be rolled into the financing on the new vehicle. (BAD idea for the customer, puts you upside down on payments, but GRAND idea for the finance company!)

Read the fine print on your lease agreement. You may be able to sell the vehicle outright, then use the proceeds to pay off the lease balance. Talk to a rep where you got your lease issued for the details of your account. (FYI, for those of you who leased thru Chrysler Financial, the lease-end options are listed on chryslerfinancial.com.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
you might be able to do a transfer of equity, find someone who wants to assume your lease and then they get approved by DC Financial and you transfer everything over to them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts