Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting on the dealer to call and give me the thumbs up to come pick up my new Sunburst Orange SXT Caliber.

In the last few months I've read almost everything I could get my hands on about the car, drove one when my car was in the shop (parking lot hit and run), and have lurked on the boards reading all of your comments and picking up the excitement that all of you have for the vehicle.

It's a bittersweet moment for me because as I pick up the keys to the Caliber, I'll be dropping off the keys to my Nissan 350Z. Parenthood has a high price, and the two-seater has to go in favor of something a little more practical and a little more economical.

I know the Caliber isn't the Z -- it's a completely different class of vehicle -- but reading what you guys have posted makes me breathe a bit easier knowing that even if I'm not ripping from 0-60 in 5.5 anymore I'll still have fun driving.

My Z, which was also orange, was called Trinity after the first nuclear explosion. Anyone have any suggestions for the name of my new Caliber?

And yes, I name my cars -- I feel it lends them a personality and a spirit that I can feel when I drive them.

Looking forward to your suggestions and seeing you around the boards.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Calie, Ora, Sonny, Junior. Just a few quickies from your description of the new car and the old Z.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just call her my baby.. makes the fiance a little jealous lol ;).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just picked it up -- banged the heck out of my knee on the steering column trying to get out. I'll have to move the seat back and find a comfortable middle range.

I guess my first thought is that the Sunburst Orange is far more red, at least to my eye, than it is orange. It certainly doesn't seem to be as orange as what you see in the books and manuals. I still think it's the best color out there available.

Now I'm hunting for the directions on how to use the hands-free phone controls. The manual directs me to Section 3 which is strangely silent on the issue.

Still haven't settled on a name yet — I thought about the idea of using the caliber of weapons but I see a lot of names on the board already using that.

Thought about maybe Corona — not real sure yet.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Zygote said:
I'm waiting on the dealer to call and give me the thumbs up to come pick up my new Sunburst Orange SXT Caliber.

In the last few months I've read almost everything I could get my hands on about the car, drove one when my car was in the shop (parking lot hit and run), and have lurked on the boards reading all of your comments and picking up the excitement that all of you have for the vehicle.

It's a bittersweet moment for me because as I pick up the keys to the Caliber, I'll be dropping off the keys to my Nissan 350Z. Parenthood has a high price, and the two-seater has to go in favor of something a little more practical and a little more economical.

I know the Caliber isn't the Z -- it's a completely different class of vehicle -- but reading what you guys have posted makes me breathe a bit easier knowing that even if I'm not ripping from 0-60 in 5.5 anymore I'll still have fun driving.

My Z, which was also orange, was called Trinity after the first nuclear explosion. Anyone have any suggestions for the name of my new Caliber?

And yes, I name my cars -- I feel it lends them a personality and a spirit that I can feel when I drive them.

Looking forward to your suggestions and seeing you around the boards.

Welcome to caliberforums!!:):) Glad to see you can be apart of the crowd, which so far, is great!

Name it, I name my cars too...:cool: My Neons name is Cheryl!

Oh, post pictures when you get it!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Zygote said:
...Now I'm hunting for the directions on how to use the hands-free phone controls. The manual directs me to Section 3 which is strangely silent on the issue....
What function are you having trouble with? Maybe something in pgs 69-88 is missing or not explained well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
What function are you having trouble with? Maybe something in pgs 69-88 is missing or not explained well?
I couldn't find anything that explained it at all. I know how to use the lights, mirrors and those windshield wipers but the words hands-free don't even appear in that section at all that I can find. After reading more online, I'm not sure my model came equipped with it. I may have to try and get it added later because all of my stuff is tied together via Bluetooth.

I've gotten a few comments on the car — the most common being, "That's orange?" Some people haven't known what it was, and I've had to explain it.

I've been impressed with how fun it is to drive despite dropping almost 150hp from my previous car.

The first thing that has to go is that plastic steering wheel. I need to either get a wrap for it or see if there's an aftermarket version from MOPAR.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I didn't get it on my car, but my owners manual still documents it on pages 69-88. Unless they've rearranged the manual since mine was printed... That's odd that your manual does not mention this option; it should be SOMEwhere in the book.

But if you're gonna go aftermarket, then it's irrelevent anyway, eh? Instructions will come with whatever you buy.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Name it 'Citrus' ...for the color and you feel better after a drive cuz you got your vitamin 'C'aliber

1 - 13 of 13 Posts