Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its hard to sit there and look at a brocure the dealership gave you and a spec. list of what you're getting! And all of my friends probably think Im lying! LOL... Ive been telling them for a month now...

AHHHHHHHHH I want my Caliber SXT! Black w/ red inserts, Sports E package, 6 disc cd changer, music gate.

Still in "G" state. They're saying Chrysler estimated it to be June 15-20th. I will send pics of the car once it arrives!

Gr.. Anyone know how fast it can be done from stage "G"! I want my babyyyy! lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Some dealers told me 2 to 2 and half months....

I didnt have to wait I saw mine right away :p unloading off the truck 3 hours before I arrived.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ordered May 1, still not even a VON yet.

R/T, Marine Blue, MusicGate, Sunroof, Driver's Convenience Package

....still waiting for some kind of word about something...

J

·
Registered
377 Posts
If you ordered May 1 you should at least have a VON#. I got mine about two weeks in and I ordered May 11. This is week 5 for me and it's killing me. I can't get a straight answer from anyone. My dealer says there are no updates, I call the hotline and every rep tells me something different.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I picked my caliber off of a dealer order sheet. The dealer ordered 14 calibers in march and are coming in 3 weeks. Black rt with every option available!!! cant wait

·
Registered
384 Posts
AcidBath, sit back and relax.... one month is nothing.... if you are like me, and most of the orders here, you have a long way to go....

And yes, sometimes I also wonder if my friends think I'm lying!! ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
The worst part for me is that my buddy is buying my current car. So he's always asking cause he wants to know when he's getting his, LOL.

I thought I'd be all cool cause when I ordered mine there was only 1 or 2 Caliber's in my area. Now it seems like there are more and more, and I've seen 2 Sunburst Orange ones too.

Waiting is the worst part.

·
Registered
911 Posts
jmettee said:
Ordered May 1, still not even a VON yet.

R/T, Marine Blue, MusicGate, Sunroof, Driver's Convenience Package

....still waiting for some kind of word about something...

J
You should have a VON as soon as the dealer places the order and its accepted by the system. What you may not have is a VIN. If you're still waiting on allocation from the dealer then you won't get a VIN until you get an allocation and your Caliber goes into "D" status.

·
Registered
147 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
You should have a VON as soon as the dealer places the order and its accepted by the system. What you may not have is a VIN. If you're still waiting on allocation from the dealer then you won't get a VIN until you get an allocation and your Caliber goes into "D" status.
Well my dealer said they'd tell me when they got a VON. I called last week & they still had nothing. However, I didn't ask specifically about them having a VON yet. Guess it doesn't mean much until there is a VIN anyway.

J

·
Registered
44 Posts
ive had mine on order since march 20th , still no word on when, still in d status, called dc in usa , not even on production line yet!! ugghhhhh

·
Registered
70 Posts
Doesnt hurt to check inventory in your area at dodge.com. Currently there are over 40 Calibers within 47 miles of me in PA. Mixed from the SE to SXT's to R/T's with all the goodies. There are two R/T's at my local dealership nicely equiped. You can even look at the window stickers from the website and see what options they have. With a little effort I'm sure some of you can skip the whole waiting process and go buy your car now. I did.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well I only have a few dealers I can buy from because I want to buy from a dealer only in DE since we don't have sales tax. And there aren't many dealers in DE. The few that are here in DE, do not have what I want in but have some "coming in." That could mean anything! I have one "coming in" too, but who knows when!

·
Registered
911 Posts
PAJeep said:
Doesnt hurt to check inventory in your area at dodge.com. Currently there are over 40 Calibers within 47 miles of me in PA. Mixed from the SE to SXT's to R/T's with all the goodies. There are two R/T's at my local dealership nicely equiped. You can even look at the window stickers from the website and see what options they have. With a little effort I'm sure some of you can skip the whole waiting process and go buy your car now. I did.
Problem with that is, the website isn't always correct. The dealer I bought my Caliber from says it has a Caliber R/T in stock and that was sold over a week ago, yet it still shows up on the website.

·
Registered
506 Posts
<~~~~ STILL WAITING SINCE DECEMBER!!!!! so don't get your panties all in a bunch on one month... try 6.... lol j/k

·
Registered
70 Posts
katiescaliber said:
Well I only have a few dealers I can buy from because I want to buy from a dealer only in DE since we don't have sales tax. And there aren't many dealers in DE. The few that are here in DE, do not have what I want in but have some "coming in." That could mean anything! I have one "coming in" too, but who knows when!
I purchased my Caliber out of state and only paid taxes for the state I live in. I would check into that but if I'm not mistaken you could buy out of state and still be able to avoid the sales tax.

·
Registered
70 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Problem with that is, the website isn't always correct. The dealer I bought my Caliber from says it has a Caliber R/T in stock and that was sold over a week ago, yet it still shows up on the website.
I agree however a quick phone call takes care of that situation. I found it to be fairly accurate through all the phone calls I made the day of my purchase. In fact there were several calls where they had more cars on the lot than what the website had. I just think its pointless to wait without checking the inventory avenue first. There are alot of cars out there and a little travel is better than months of waiting.

I also want to mention that in all my looking every color was available in every trim with the exception of the orange.

·
Registered
97 Posts
PAJeep said:
I agree however a quick phone call takes care of that situation. I found it to be fairly accurate through all the phone calls I made the day of my purchase. In fact there were several calls where they had more cars on the lot than what the website had. I just think its pointless to wait without checking the inventory avenue first. There are alot of cars out there and a little travel is better than months of waiting.

I also want to mention that in all my looking every color was available in every trim with the exception of the orange.
agree... . i've done the same... they just don't have what I want... Yet...

·
Registered
911 Posts
PAJeep said:
I purchased my Caliber out of state and only paid taxes for the state I live in. I would check into that but if I'm not mistaken you could buy out of state and still be able to avoid the sales tax.
I would do that but as far as I know, you can't do that in New York State. I believe it has to have at least 6,000 miles on it so it would be considered a "Used" vehicle. Too many people have already done this to get around paying NYS taxes so they made it so you couldn't do that.

Anyone from NYS feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
911 Posts
PAJeep said:
Unfortunately, this is the color I want! :(

I ordered a Caliber SXT Sport with Conveneince Group, MusicGate, Package 24E (Sport), Cruise, Power Sun Roof, and Daytime Running Lamps in SunBurst Orange.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts