Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I had the reflash done to stop the ignition pinging...all that did was made things worse, it has absolutly NO power at all now, I might as well push the damn thing.They called us and said that the reflash does not work and it needs to go back to get a different flash done. And then yesterday the brake light on the dash comes on, this happened while my wife had the car so she went to the dealer. They told her to speak to a service tech and his answer was the park brake is on, she tells him that we never use it and he insists thats all it could be. She had to argue the point with him that we don't use it before he had to prove her wrong and show her. Well as it turns out it was NOT the park brake, the damn thing is losing all its brake fluid, like WTF so thats added to the list to get fixed tomorrow. I sugest that you all check your brake fluid before someone gets hurt or even worse. This is not kool with only 3700km on the damn thing.:mad:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
lol, our BMW has the ABS & eBrake light on allll the time, we dont use IT either.. there's no leak on it so we've learned to ignore it... that'll probably be the only thing i wont like about buying a new car, is the dealership dealings..

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had F29 recall flash update done which is supposed to include the fix for spark knock. Mine still knocks just as much. Mostly while stopped at idle I can hear it knocking quite a bit. Once accelerating or cruising I don't hear any spark knock.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Huff said:
I had F29 recall flash update done which is supposed to include the fix for spark knock. Mine still knocks just as much. Mostly while stopped at idle I can hear it knocking quite a bit. Once accelerating or cruising I don't hear any spark knock.
I had the Caliber reflashed the other day, the dealer was like we reflashed with the TSB, and it doesn't ping anymore. As soon as I got in the car, drove up the hill, ping ping ping. Guess I need to call the dealer again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This recall seems to working about 50% of the time. I am not sure I want to take mine in with that kind of success rate.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It seems that for those of us that it fixed the spark knock, it was when we had a very minor case. For those of you with heavier spark knock, you'll probably need additional adjustment with the computer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife says that it is pinging even worse then before the reflash, good thing its booked in for all tomorrow morning, I will let you all know what happens with it. This loss of brake fluid has me a little worrried, I bought this car for my wife to drive and this does not instill much confindence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts