·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the start

First step was to take out that box.

Then just chucking on the filter

And with the plastic cover off

And there she is, obviously there would need to be a heat shield of some sort. I put the box back, I am looking for a way to plumb it down to the front where the fog light hole is, and maybe relocate the battery to where the current airbox is.
But thats a story for another day.

Ps, it did give it a little more kick in the low end, and a more deep sound, would be great with an exhaust.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Interesting.

Tyke

·
Registered
12 Posts
As much as i like the new SRT-4 I just don't look at a regular caliber sxt and think of it as a tuner car. I've thought about doing a few things to my wifes caliber but just have no intrest. I'm sure there will be a big aftermarket for our cars in a few months so maybe i'll change my mind if i see something worth buying.

I'm is no way ripping on what your doing to your car. keep up with the modding...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not a full out mod'er by any means. There are just some things I like.

1. A little more power
2. A little more curb appeal.
:):):):):)

Has anyone on here looked at fully modding? some of the chopped pics look pretty sweet. Mine will be more of a camping Caliber.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Looks sweet dude!! :D
Was there a certain reason for removing the cover?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I end up accepting the Caliber I ordered then of course it will be modded and tuned.

Already have the following things ready to be installed:
18" Roja Formula 7s Forged rims
Will need some new rubber. Most likely 235/50 18s
Alpine IVAD-310
10.2" Alpine Flip down monitor with Infrareds
Tint (of course - should have been listed first)

Planning on adding:
CAI (either through Mopar or with K&N if they decide to wait for my vehicle)
Exhaust
Header through Mopar

This is all contingent like I said before if I do take shipment of my Caliber which is a whole other story, and I will most likely start a thread on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just showing the valve cover, I know that some of you are waiting on your car so its just a way of seeing it "naked" :)

I also feel that there is a lot of un-needed plastic in the engine bay. plus there is a lot of foam underneath it, I assume its to quite the engine down, but to me its pretty useless.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Good start man

As soon as that cold air intake comes out and I can affor it I'm going to put one of those on. Hopefully it will have all he right bends and everything so all I have to do is take everything out and put the new stuff on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not half bad... It just needs a heat shield to block the engine heat. I'm sure it'll perform great.

My R/T just rolled off the line today that means tues or wed it'll be here...

·
Registered
311 Posts
R/TOgilvie said:
what do you mean by that? :)
Sorry...I was trying to get a grip on things. I was looking more at the engine infrastructure than I was at your mod. What the heck is going on with all of that topping over the guts? As far as I could see, it was in place as a "cover" so we could not SEE the actual engine.

Oh well. Looks like you've got the start of something very promising. Any figures on the performance increase?

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, some numbers would be well appreciated. Seat-of-the-pants dyno works too. :D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hahahaha.....sure..:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I liked yours so much, I did one on mine. Thanks for the pics it made the mod a whole lot quicker.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Do you have any other photo angles? That'd be nice to see. Oh, what have you "felt" in terms of performance?

Tyke

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks good. I like the heat shield. I can't tell from the pics, but is there enough room to run a tube from the fog light holes up towards the CAI? Just doing that would give you a lot more cold air. Also, if you put a full box around the filter with the cold air tube running into it, it would be like a forced injection of cold air.

I also own a Dodge Ram 1500 and a lot of people on the forums over there have done something just like that. They have had some good results and I am sure the Caliber would react in a similar way.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts