Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Caliber, it replaced my aging VW MKII Golf. Those who live in Germany know that one of the requirements for driving in Germany is you must have a First Aid kit and Warning Triangle in the car. The MKII Golf was equipped with brackets for mounting these items in the cargo area. Before I sent my Golf to the junk yard, I stripped the brackets out of it. I then mounted them in the Caliber. The result is I carry the required items in the back of the caliber without them just bouncing around. I would suggest anyone living in Germany, or any country that requires first aid kits and/or triangles to visit your local junk yard and pull the items out of a MKII Golf. Here are some pictures of the finished modification;

The triangle is attached to the back of the rear seat using the existing tie down points in the Caliber:

This is the fisrt aid kit in it's mounting bracket:

Here is what the bracket looks like without the first aid kit in it:

Definitely a mod worth doing in Europe and it only requires drilling two small holes in the plastic of the cargo area.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had seen the new, more compact triangles, but not the first aid kits.

I'm a tightwad with money, rather than paying 15€ for new ones for the Caliber, I just took the ones out of the Golf and reused them.

Even with the new kits, it looks as if the straps I used for my triangle would still be a convenient way of keeping the kit secured.

·
Registered
83 Posts
looking at all the pictures i saw in that forum so far i am wondering why my car seems so stuffed with like stuff...

looks neat

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is there room to store that stuff with the spare tire so its out of sight?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried. The first aid kit was too thick for the cargo floor to close over it and the triangle was too long to fit inside or next to the tire, it would only fit accross the top of the tire, which prevented the cargo floor from closing. The only thing I was able to fit in the spare tire well was an ice scraper/snow brush, and it was just long enough that it barely fit next to the tire.

·
Registered
140 Posts
hey mike, i also live in germany, you know you can take the kit apart and then it would fit down there with the spare tire, thats what we did with our bmw, the law just states you must have the equipment in your car, doesnt mention how, but hey i like your idea,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts